HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Dyno Tuning In Brissy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

Anyone know of a good place for my gemi to get dyno tuned? have got no idea of a place to go! As i'm hoping to get it done in two weeks time!

Cheers Paul
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

there are heaps of good places just depends how much u wanna spend.....

chiptorque - goldcoast
adaptatune - bris
bob romano - bris
fast and furious - bris
apc - bris
mazfix - bris
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

Cheers mate, that helps alot. A mate of mine went to the brock shop with his 200sx and said they do a pretty good job, so i might check them out also. What prices have you heard for a dyno tune?, mates 200sx was about $240 if i remember correctly.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

yeah brock shop arent too bad
depends what they have to do to it on the dyno
if they have to change jets emulsions etc etc to get max power then itll cost you more
240 seems exxy but depends what they did too it and dont forget thats an efi car therefor they may have needed to play with engine management which will cost more also.
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

You seem to know what your on about. When i first got the engine it ran like a dream, truck loads of power. Then the car starting missing something shocking so i took it to a mechanic that my dad recomended, and it turned out to be a faulty spark plug lead. So he fixed it and did the points, and i think the float level in the weber and it hasn't ran like it did since.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

i recommend redcliff dyno
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

I recommend the Matilda Service station in redcliffe, just near the high school. About half of the gemini series cars get dynoed there.
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning In Brissy Reply with quote

I'm goin to give Auto leaders at underwood a crack at the gemi. They are heaps cheaper than the brock shop so i though i give them ago, a mate said they aren't to bad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: