HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cheap/Decent Interior Prices 4 Those Interested!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Cheap/Decent Interior Prices 4 Those Interested! Reply with quote

Hey guys, just thought i'd share some ideas and prices with you guys if anyone is lookin into doing up ur interior. I've done my whole interior for Under $200 that includes new rooflining and all inserts. Door trims, Seat covers, parcel shelf, dash and concoles. All these prices below will be for Melb ppl only.
Materials from Yfab located on Bignell rd Morrabbin, just of south rd near the pub.
3mm foam for door trims = $5.50 per metre
vinyl most colours = between $10-20 a metre
This was all used for rooflining and inserts, parcel shelf, and door trims.
For the rooflining just take ur old one out without ripping it and take it to Motor trimming on Cheltenham rd Keysborough they charge between $50-100 to sew it up then it's quite easy to put in urself if u know what ur doing.

For seat covers i just went to spot light and bought some track suit material which is stretchy enough to pull ova the back seats and tie up the back and front seats ya mite need to stitch up the top half which is quite easy anyway.

Dash ofcourse i painted with vinyl paint and the concoles done the same about $20 for that. The door trims i did myself which is also quite easy just cut it to rite size then glue and staple the back, same with parcel shelf.
Thats call i can think of at the moment, if ya have any questions or need more info feel free to reply.
As u can see most of the money was spent on Materials if u do most of it urself should have a pretty sweet lookin interior that costs ya way less then half price.

Cheers guys, have fun
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap/Decent Interior Prices 4 Those Interested! Reply with quote

http://groups.msn.com/geminifever/howtoretrimyourgemini.msnw

and

http://groups.msn.com/geminifever/howtomakeanewrooflineingforyourgemini.msnw
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap/Decent Interior Prices 4 Those Interested! Reply with quote

Show off. Hehehe nah man ur site rocks as i've probably already said. but i have a question for ya, what adhesive did you use for the roof? I got something called TAC adhesive 205 brush contact or something which i just bought from that auto apholstery place.
cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap/Decent Interior Prices 4 Those Interested! Reply with quote

shellies contact adhisive.
sticks like shit to a blanket
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap/Decent Interior Prices 4 Those Interested! Reply with quote

also done it

i used just some poor crat glue from spotlight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: