HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

QLD - Cruise 5th October

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: QLD - Cruise 5th October Reply with quote

When: Sunday 5th October 2003
Where: Keperra - Mount Glorious - Mount Nebo
Meet: Great Western Shopping Centre Fin Magools carpark. (Can't miss it) Cnr Samford / Settlement Roads
Time: 10.00am for a 10.30am take off.

This cruise will take us up Mount Glorious where we will encounter some nice windy roads. Stop for lunch up the top. BBQ's will be available if you want one. Where we stop there will not be any Maccas or Hungries or other take away so bring a packed lunch.

The return trip will see us backtrack along parts of Mount Glorious and then down Mount Nebo and finish off back at Keperra. A nice run that wont be too harsh on your Gem.

Flyers will be ready to distribute this weekend. If you can distribute some please let me know. HotGemini and IMSCC members welcome as well as non members.

If you want to come but cant drive, leave a post here and we can organise for you to hook up with someone.

For those who are attending the pre-cruise BBQ on the Saturday night, the meeting point is 1 min from the party location.

Please advise approx numbers email tg_gemini@bigpond.com or call / sms 0414 951 683.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Cruise Itinery 5th october Reply with quote

I finally managed to do the cruise route today. It was a rahter enjoyable drive actually. Certainly tested the Gem and my arms, and my driving capabilities.

We depart Great Western Shopping Centre. Head left along Samford Road regrouping at Samford Village. We will then continue towards Mount Glorious. Turning right towards Mount Glorious as per the sings and keep following the road through Mount Glorious village. Careful as this is a 60 zone and there are pedestrians and cars all over the place here on a weekend.

Approx 14 km past Mount Glorious Village is Wivenhoe Outlook. It should take approx 45 minutes to get there and some 38 km from the start point. Here we can stop for a BBQ lunch and looksee. There are about 12 wood BBQ's here and a stack more tables and chairs, toilets and undervocer area. So bring some tucker and some drinking water. The carpark is an OK size too, providing there is not 100 people.

Heading back the way we came we will go back through Mount Glorious, regrouping at Camp Constable. Heading past the Samford Village turnoff (which we came up) we will follow the signs to Mount Nebo. We can regroup along this road at Manorina (on the left hand side). We will then head off along the same road till we get back Settlement Road and Waterworks Road. Turning left into Settlement Road will lead you back tot he start point. This is a nice little mountain to thrash the Gem, but I never suggested that ;o) If you choose to, stops can also be made at Camp Mountain and Jolly's Lookout.

All up the round trip is approx 82km. Driving time was 1 hr 55mins. I used just under 1/4 tank, but then I again I wasn't hooning Surprised)

If you don't like corners, twists, uphills and downhills, I suggest you don't come. If you like the idea of a straight and narrow road like the highway, then stay on the highway. There was radio coverage throughout the whole trip.

BEWARE ! You do get some hairy bike riders along these roads. I suggest that you leave your lead foot at home for this one. Not reccommended.

So now you know and you can decide. Read it so you don't get lost along the way as well. Not that you can as it is basically 2 roads. One in and one out.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Cruise Itinery 5th october Reply with quote

Finally! A cruise I can go on! It's about time there was a cruise during the day, for all of us who work of a night time. Should be a great drive, what time do you think we'll make the lunch area/finish for the day? I might need to nick off early if it goes reasonably late. Oh well, I'll catchas there!

Cheers
Greg
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruise Itinery 5th october Reply with quote

Well greg, should take about an hour to get to the lunch stop. then stay there for an hour or two. Another hour to get back to the beginning.

So i we leave at 10.30am we should arrive for lunch at 11.30am. If we leave there at about 2.00pm we should get back to the start at about 3.00pm.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: QLD - Cruise 5th October Reply with quote

sweet cruise sounds really good. i'm in. hopefully we'll be able to get into contact with micky dooley for this one, cos he loves mt glorious cruises.

keep on truckn. greg.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: QLD - Cruise 5th October Reply with quote

Good to hear Greg. It's a nice run actually. I quite enjoyed the challenge.

Hope to see you there, and yes please I would like to see the gold gem as well, oh and Mick as well.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: