HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Dyno Tuning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Dyno Tuning? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get a dyno tune in the Ipswich/Brisbane area?. And also do you guys think it's worth getting done or is it just a waste of money? And by the way i have a g180 bored to 2ltr, 30-70 cam, weber, 1600 head, slight head work and extractors.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning? Reply with quote

How does your motor go ? I'm getting the same built up now and have no real expectations as to how it will perform..

Smile
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning? Reply with quote

Yeah it's goes pretty hard, after driving around in a stock 1600 for a year you notice a huge difference, loads of torque. But i've lost the feeling after some tool tuned it a it's never ran like it use too. Just make sure that you invest in a three core radiator or thermo fan as they get hot pretty quick if left to idle too long. I also had a oil catch can installed just incase. Hope it all goes well for ya!
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning? Reply with quote

I would estimate that you could loose around 20% of power by have the wrong mixtures, and maybe another 20% by not having optimum ignition timing for your engine combination.

After adding that up, if you have the worst case scenario, then you could be driving around with only a bit more than half the power output that you could be getting.

A dyno tune is the only way to measure these parameters and tune the engine accordinly, regaining any lost power from poor initial tuning.

Ben
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno Tuning? Reply with quote

Cheers mate, i'll definately get it dyno tuned then, the cars still got loads of torque but sluggish around 5000rpm. All i gotta do is find a place to get it done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: