HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

???V6???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: ???V6??? Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Just wondering if i could fit a lexus v6 into my TG '85 Gem. Would it also be possible to use the running gear (gearbox, diff). I know i'll have to upgrade the brakes, some1 said to use VS calipers, can i use the discs as well? Any help and rough prices would be great. Thanx!
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

dont fuck around. go for the lexus v8!! its legal too because its only a 4lt. very strong and powerful motor with 4 bolt mains, quad cams all alloy and make around 200-250kw stock. there cheap too, if you shop around you will find one for around $1000 and i think dellow and rod hadfield make supra 5 speed adapter kits if you dont want it auto.
im seriously contemplating this very conversion myself.
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

riiiiiiiiiiiiight i would like to see you fit a lexus v8 in a gemini, they are probably a tight squeeze even in a commodore!
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

i was just fuckin around something a bit different from a commywhore motor
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

i thought 2.6 was max N/A?
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

twas i was thinking too... maybe his cousin's mate told him that he heard it somewhere over a rainbow??
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

they have 6 bolt mains
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

hahah.
1+1 is 4, 1+1 is 4
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

i thought they were 6 bolt mains but wasnt sure.
to the other guys unless you are 100% sure on somthing its best to keep smartarse coments to your self. im in melb so i dont know the regulations in other states but here its leagal but only just. and i have seen this conversion completed too. if a 308 or 350 can fit why wouldnt the 4lt.
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

hmmm well a mate was thinking of doing one in a commodore, and it was just skinny enough to fit into the engine bay, and well i just dont see a wide mother like that fitting.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

con from k-line in dandenong has a soarer v6 twin turbo in his old school corolla (mid 80's one) seems to be a lot of fun! big time sleeper aswell, stock wheels and everything.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

The soarer and supra import sixes (1JZ & 2JZ) are straight sixes.

cheers
mooch
V8_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ???V6??? Reply with quote

Anything is legal if you do it right. Just look at Rod Hadfield's merlin powered 55; it's registered. Holden V8 just drops in...more or less, but you are never going to get extractors in there without cutting the panel work, and every time the gas axe comes out, the engineer's report takes on an exponential increase. Lexus V8 should be considerably wider with OHC, so I imagine it would not fit between the towers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: