HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CDT Geminis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

I did a search and came up with nothing, though I remember a post a while back about CDT Geminis (Stage 1,2,3).

Anyways, my question. Id like some info on all CDT Geminis and the mods etc that they had. I know the Stage 3 had twin webbers and Im gonna put on twin webbers and register is as a CDT motor so Regency might let me off as they came out like that standard. What do ya recon my chances would be?

Cheers,
Pavlos.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

i have a small article on the cdt, as far as i know, series 1 and 2 had the high compression twin weber 1600's, and the series 3 was a turbo, of which only 30 or so were made. word has it that jim faneco the builder got jail time for stealing back sold cdt's and selling them again! I have seen 1 in the flesh but it was shagged (shoulda bought it !) pretty cool gem i say, even if the bodykit looks a bit gay now.
cheers
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

Thanks for the info dude. Any chance of you emailing the article to me? Yeah I heard the guy got jail time too. Funny shit.

Cheers,
Pavlos.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

I'd question the mods section on Regency Park first, they're not bad blokes as i'm dealing with them for work almost on a weekly basis. David Gunner and a few other blokes there should be able to help.

The number for Mods is in the phone book. I very much doubt they'd let you through due to emissions. The EGR system won't be fitted etc etc. Even if they gave you the slightest chance, they'd request an emmissions test which i can gaurantee is wayyyy to expensive for your intended purposes.

This is obviously for gems after 1975.

Do some good research first, like i said - regency (if they say yes get it in writing), try engineers also for your other build queries. Rory Thompson is very thorough and is well respected by regency, also you could use Australian Technology - Doug Potts. Good blokes.

Cheers
Mooch
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

i dont know much about the cdt's, but i do know where one is hiding and im keeping that a secret, might do it up after the coupe Wink from what i know they had a body kit cosisting of wheel arch flares, a rear spoiler, front skirt, the one i looked at was pretty fucked, but wouldn;t make a bad project car, it only had a 1600 in it, not sure about webbers, didn't have a real good look at it,
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

Cheers for all your help fellas. I have all the info I need now.

Pavlos.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT Geminis Reply with quote

Theres a guy in canberra with a CDT stage 3. The turbo on them is damn big for an old carbied small engine. Last I knew the guy wanted $15,000 for it. Looks pretty tuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: