HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fucken starter motor + Rear Springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpower
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Fucken starter motor + Rear Springs Reply with quote

Ahh can anyone enlighten me and my weak arms on loosening the 2 bolts that hold the starter motor. I was under the car for about an hour trying to get the bottom bolt off with my ring spanner, yay, it feels like its welded on - same for the top bolt. Also in which order do i take the trailing arm and shock absorber off so i can get the rear spring out. Do i need to support the axel at all ? thanks in advance
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fucken starter motor + Rear Springs Reply with quote

If you were trying to undo the starter motor bolts from under the car, your problem is right there.
Easiest access to the bolts is over the drivers side guard, between the inlet manifold and the brake booster. You may need a uni joint and will definately have better luck with a socket set and extension bars.
I know it's a stupid idea, but make certain you are turning the bolt the right way. I sat under the wheel-arch of one of my cars trying to unbolt a castor rod, used penetrating oil, hitting it with a hammer etc. But after coming back to it from a 5 minute ciggie, i realized that from the way i was sitting and looking at the bolt i was turning it the wrong way. 10 secs later i had it undone and told the missus i was having technical difficulties hehehe as you do.
jpower
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fucken starter motor + Rear Springs Reply with quote

yeh ive tried to socket it, fucken tight squeeze, that annoying silver pipe(wat is it for) is in the war. Im turning the bottom bolt(closest to the drivers side) anti clockwise !!!
have u got msn sneaky ?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fucken starter motor + Rear Springs Reply with quote

i say that that silver pipe will be the egr. just take it all off. if u can put a pipe on your spanner, the more leaverage the easier it is. also if u crack one do it up again so that all the pressure isnt on the other bolt coz it will make it even harder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: