HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Sound!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ET leinaD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

So what’s the best in market at this point in time????

I’ve heard soo many different opinions, but what are the facts???
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

The fact is stereos add weight to your car and dont help their performance. What they do is add value to your car when selling it to a dunger p plater or a homo who just likes to drive up and down jetty road. FOOLEE SICK RE!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

PROJECT_MUMMAGEM: nothing wrong with having a nice stereo in ya car, i mean FFS are u one of these guys that removes seats and spare tyres to gain 0.00000003KW of power!

leinaD:

Alpine
Rockford Fosgate
Cadence
Fusion
DLS (if ur rich)

are all good brands to look out for, id go the Alpine head unit, Cadence speakers, Cadence amps and RF or Fusion subs (unless u can afford DLS).
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

No i dont remove the essentials like that. But subs and amps are for pin dicks who think that the world needs to hear their shitty music. Besides removing weight bearing components doesnt increase power, just changes your power to weight ratio.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

figure of speech mate, i agree tho ppl who purposely drive up and down the local nightspots with stereos blasting are knobheads, but its good to have a nice sounding stezza without going overboard.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

My whole stereo system owes me $70 bucks - and it kicks butt. My mate has $3500 bucks worth of Alpine/fusion gear in his car and even he said mine has a better sound quality than his. Not as much bass but better quality. So it doesnt matter what shit you use, as long as it's all matched and set up properly. The way you mount components and design ur box is the biggest factor.

I just downloaded a sub box design programme from the net and went from there. Too easy man. Buy what sounds good to you, other peoples opinions are just that, their opinion.

That said,you buy cheap shit and you get cheap shit.

Cheers
Mooch
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

go the sound 4
lol
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

just coz it cost me that much doesnt mean its crap though, most of it came from ppl that owed me favours.

cheers
mooch.

Sound 4 i heard somewhere was 2nd grade pioneer. who knows!
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

lol
sure it was slightly microwaved wasnt it

i got told buy a guy sound 4 was an up and comming brand and would be competing with pioneer and sony i laughed at the guy who said it
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

lol
That'd be why Kmart and Supercheap stock it...
Nothing wrong with Sound4, I'd let my three year old put his toast in the CD slot...
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound!!!! Reply with quote

Sony looks good, but the subs are shit
Blaupunkt have crappy lookin decks but their subs go hard
JVC are pretty decent all round. The strobe subs and OEL decks are nice.
Pioneer and good, but kenwood amps are slightly better
Kenwood have good speakers and amps and the decks can fuck up sometimes
Sound4, pfft dont even bother.
Axis, dont run more than 200w through their subs or you will blow the fuck outta them.

This is what I have pretty much learned from experience and from people I know that sell and install stereos for a living. Some people might have different opinions due to their experiences though.

Pavlos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: