HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new in the gemini clan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

i just bought my first gemini which is weird for me because i think that they are pieces of crap but i picked it up cheap and it was a van so i thought what the hey. I have already chopped and changed the t/tunnel and a section of the firewall, fit a 186 with a mild shifting trimatic, and made a slippery banjo with xu1 centre. And i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how i would go about grafting LJ discs to the front of early geminis?
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

this site is for "enthusiasts", you dont sound very enthusiastic about it, go buy a torana ya fickle McFuck!
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

i dont know about torana discs but everything from commodoore discs to camry discs with volvo fourpot calipers
it may be eaiser to use a tried and tested combo
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

i heard t- ford timber disks bolt straight on
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

186's are older than geminis yeah? i doubt you would get it registered, seriously why bother
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

i got 2 of em. and you sound like a waste of space pin dick so dont reply if you dont care.
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

they are better than 202s and i have all the 84 emissions gear on it including injection. isuzu 4 cylinders are too weak and dont like a lot of load. besides why be a sheep?
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

he's got a point... each to their own... hope it goes like a scalded cat.

Nick
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

how does it go with the 186?
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

had a 186 bored 192, yella terra head, xu1 cam with a 350 holley in our HK when i was on my p's. Went well for a heavy car.

http://www.geocities.com/mygemi/photo_page_2.html

should cruiz in a 900k body.

cheers
mooch
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

but isnt the 186 older then the gemini body, if it is u cant legaly do it for road use. the engine must be a "standard option" or equle or new than the car itself in age
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

On an unrelated noe, I had a 186 in my VB and I had no problems at all registering it, not even a Regency job. It all comes under what type of motor it is, not what year its is from what I can tell. The 186 in a Gem should fucking hammer, considering it went fucking hard in my VB and I had to replace 1 engine mount after the block twisted a few degrees away from the mount. Personally, Id convert it to use V8 Commmodore disks (if there is any difference between 6 & 8 disks..) so it would stop on a dime. Good luck with the car.
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: new in the gemini clan Reply with quote

Its true that its an older engine and you usually cannot stuff an older engine into a newer car because of the emissions laws (thats why regency love retros!) but i have got a 12 port black motor head shaved .040" (to keep the comp up to scratch) and the red banana injection setup to boot and all the other tidbits to have the emissions standards at 1984 level.
The reason why i want to put LJ discs on the front is because i have HG drums on the back (they use the same piston and stud pattern as LJ/LC drums but are larger in diameter), i have a set of rims for that stud pattern and the best way to modify brakes are to use the whole package. (that way i dont have to fuck around with boosters, mastercylinders or line gages.
And a big "CHEERS!" to ZZZ, GemiNick, Mooch, Gene FJ20DET and Pavlos for your feedback. Rob, ill tell you how it goes when i get the tailshaft made up for it, but at the moment it might as well be powered by an anvil without it! MR_GEMI dont try to dictate rules of this website, im happy that you are passionate about cars-keep it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: