HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

34 ADM Weber off 4.1L XF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: 34 ADM Weber off 4.1L XF Reply with quote

Ok I got one today and heres the specs soo far.

Both butterflys are 34mm

Primary Secondary

Chokes size 27mm 29mm
Air corrector 60 Dunno yet
Main 140 210!
*Other ones 190 170

* I dunno what these jets are called but they are the ones the screw down and in the middle of the carby (not the ones in the fuel bowl) I also dunno what air corrector goes in the Secondary side and the one in the primary side doesnt fit in the secondary side so i still have to figure that out. Maybe the fords had a different idle circut

Josh (WA)
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

get yaself a litre of ACETONE works just as good as carby cleaner and u can soak the whole carby in it for half the price =) $7.80 for 1L
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

gotta be over 18 to buy it too, so for you youngens out there get mum or dad to help you out as it is a harmful chemical.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

Have to be 18? Acetone is just nail polish remover. I make a deadly cocktail that can only be used outside. Just go to your nearest auto shop and get the most potent cleaning solutions like liquid mag cleaner and crc gasket stripper.
This will take off annodised coating, the colour from linkages and choke plates, which will make them rust so clean them by hand with a cloth. Soak main bodies overnight and agitate to dislodge all dirt. DO NOT BLOW DRY!!! dry outer shell with a rag and let it drip dry.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

gunpowder is soluble in acetone.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

Acetone is just nail polish remover??? Strange comment!

Nail polish remover INCLUDES acetone might me more realistic.

Acetone will remove most things off a metal surfaces. A better cleaner is 111-Trichlorethane .

Both these solvents will quickly evaporate so use them in an area out of the sun and keep containers sealed. Pouring a small amount of water into the container you are using to clean the carby in will prevent the 111-Trichlorethane from evaporating so fast. The water floats on top of the solvent, preventing it from evaporating.

Avoid getting 111-Trichlorethane near any rubber parts as it destroys rubber.

Like all chemicals it is toxic if not used in the right way. Neither of the above cleaning solvents should be used in a confined area, or near sources of ignition.

Ensure you don't breath the vapours. Do not allow them to contact your bare skin at all.

Mixing chemicals to make "home brand, you beaut ripper stripper" cleaners is NOT a good idea. Certain chemicals used for cleaning can actually cause toxic gasses when mixed together. Others can spontaniously combust! If you don't know what you are dealing with... LEAVE IT ALONE!!

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

True but its more than 80% of the content.
Yes they are sketchy but i did a fuckload of research on what to and not to mix. My cocktail will actually burn your skin of so i only use it for soaking and use gloves and tongs. I havent had any problems in over a year.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

i hear solid clorine and brake fluid will spontaniously combust.
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning carbys Reply with quote

just for the yongsters to get high off the shit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: