HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

perth car club
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: perth car club Reply with quote

hey perth gemi owners was just wondering if you guys have an actual club running or just friends who go on cruises??? i was with a gemi club once which had some good showing and it kinda died not sure if anyone here was actually in it as it was called, wa gemini club, had these bright green stickers made up, so it could still be running and my busyness wore me out from going. only asking as i wanna get back into the scene of gemi cruises as they r wicked cause gemis r wicked and was going to start a gemi club which ran say monthly cruises and events and stuff but never knew that the turn out was this great in perth. if there is no club give me a bell and i will sort it out as im currently working on a webpage and have got a few contacts in different fields who r willing to lend their services as in knowledge and better pricing on goods if possible, as i have a mechanic who build race engines for gemis and is a total freak when it comes to engines g=for gemis and a friend in the audio department so yeh long post but i guess if there is no club then yeh id love to get the ball going and get us gemis on the map if there is then id like to join on cruises and stuff

thanks for listening have a great day

daniel
Halcyon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

Yeh this sounds like a good idea I had the WA Gemini Club sticker on the back of my car when i bought it but i think it has sort of died out now. It would be good to start up a club and get regular cruises and events goin on the last cruise went well.... so having a club would be good too!

Halycon(scott)
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

Hey there is no official WA gemini club but we do go on cruises... someone will be organsing another one soon so stay tuned

Josh (mandurah)
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

hey dudes thanks for the replies yeh id love to make an official one with like proper name and stuff like already got the forms for the official name and stuff just goto post it and pay for the name but yeh if ur all interested then next cruise we could have a chat about it as id love to come down and meet u guys. my cars kinda in the wars at the moment striping it and stuff getting it rebuilt and then hopefully the new paint job and bodykit, but i will have plans and that done to show people of what im looking to do and wanting to basically make it go good eg the rollaboyz club has gone wicked and it started small to, kinda like putting gemis back on the map, not that they ever fell off just no one wanted to make them shine. yeh so i got a few plans organised so if anyone wants to go for a cruise throw ideas around and we can make it happen would be good having regular cruises, website maybe even newsletters and hopefully video coverage as my mate is in the movie industry and is willing to help me put a video together, so yeh send ur ideas here or to my email address geminiclubofwa@yahoo.com.au

have a good one dudes and dudets if theres any

daniel
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

Daniel. G'day, Im adam, cruise organiser for the past 9 months. When i first started doing this shit it was coz i wanted a gemi cruise and no1 else was goin one, so i decided id have my own, and since then, well, its been gettin better and better, heck, since the coastals 2 weeks ago, our interest has close to doubled. Now when it first all started coming together, i started thinking bout clubbing it, makin it all official, I still dont beleive we are ready to become a club, at least until we are gettin regular turnouts of 15 at the cruises. Either way, the unnoficial club name is, to me anyways, "Western Gems" Sweet, simple, 2 Z point. Smile However, all suggestions welcome, as with everything. Its great thatyou doing the webpage shit, and i'd lvoe to hand it ALL over to you, koz i simply cbf'd doin it myself, hell, we had a cruise november last year, i updated, it took me to just the other day to update again. Slow connections speeds dont help either. If you want to set up your own site, go ahead, or if u'd prefer to take up on what ive started, its also fine. www.geocities.com/bloodstane if you wanna check it oot. haha Perth Car Club - all long posts and theres more coming.
Now, whats next? Oh yes, daniel, i wanna chat to you, so either get icq and add me (via email addy) or ring me after 5:30 on 0418 943 757, u sound like you can add a lot to the events, or to the organising of them. Heck, if your anywhere near roleystone, gimme your address and ill come visit you.
Next, monthly cruises, we gotta have them. Sundays, last one of each month, around 12 noon starts. Same map every time. What do you all reckon? We can keep doin the coastal run (i'll make sure 'right into phillimore' becomes 'left into phillimore' after the confusion on the coastals hehe.) or, we can change it to go elsewhere, but the big thing is, WHERE do you ALL want to go? We can do freeway runs, beach runs, industrial runs, strip runs, bush runs, heck, you name it, I'll do a map for it. But we cant do something too big. The night cruise map was by far too long with too many regroups. (God that was a good cruise tho.) So we can do the coastal map each month, as a new map is worked upon, and this time, we'll do a practice run. Hehe.
I'm not gonna read over this and go thru all the crap i fuct up, so if it doesnt make sense, just laugh at my poor typing and the fact a go from one subject to another with no point and then i was walking down the bird came and picked up the chick at the bar.
Bit of luck, by next cruise, the wagon will be sporting my old TE Grille with clear side indicators. YAY. Im so happy.
Ok.
So, sunday 17th August, Western Gems Coastals Re-run, same map, 12 noon meet, 1pm cruise, all gemini's welcome. This will be Gemini Only. and i know the 17th is not the last sunday, rather the middle one, but fuck, i love cruising with you guys.
So I'll see you all on the 17th. But before I go, one last thing, Can we all try to get to the RB nite cruise on the 9th of august. I dont know details, will post later, or check www.rollaboyz.org.au. We can meet somewhere close first and do a mini to the start point.
Thanks for reading all this shit.
Adam
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

Daniel. G'day, Im adam, cruise organiser for the past 9 months. When i first started doing this shit it was coz i wanted a gemi cruise and no1 else was goin one, so i decided id have my own, and since then, well, its been gettin better and better, heck, since the coastals 2 weeks ago, our interest has close to doubled. Now when it first all started coming together, i started thinking bout clubbing it, makin it all official, I still dont beleive we are ready to become a club, at least until we are gettin regular turnouts of 15 at the cruises. Either way, the unnoficial club name is, to me anyways, "Western Gems" Sweet, simple, 2 Z point. Smile However, all suggestions welcome, as with everything. Its great thatyou doing the webpage shit, and i'd lvoe to hand it ALL over to you, koz i simply cbf'd doin it myself, hell, we had a cruise november last year, i updated, it took me to just the other day to update again. Slow connections speeds dont help either. If you want to set up your own site, go ahead, or if u'd prefer to take up on what ive started, its also fine. www.geocities.com/bloodstane if you wanna check it oot. haha Perth Car Club - all long posts and theres more coming.
Now, whats next? Oh yes, daniel, i wanna chat to you, so either get icq and add me (via email addy) or ring me after 5:30 on 0418 943 757, u sound like you can add a lot to the events, or to the organising of them. Heck, if your anywhere near roleystone, gimme your address and ill come visit you.
Next, monthly cruises, we gotta have them. Sundays, last one of each month, around 12 noon starts. Same map every time. What do you all reckon? We can keep doin the coastal run (i'll make sure 'right into phillimore' becomes 'left into phillimore' after the confusion on the coastals hehe.) or, we can change it to go elsewhere, but the big thing is, WHERE do you ALL want to go? We can do freeway runs, beach runs, industrial runs, strip runs, bush runs, heck, you name it, I'll do a map for it. But we cant do something too big. The night cruise map was by far too long with too many regroups. (God that was a good cruise tho.) So we can do the coastal map each month, as a new map is worked upon, and this time, we'll do a practice run. Hehe.
I'm not gonna read over this and go thru all the crap i fuct up, so if it doesnt make sense, just laugh at my poor typing and the fact a go from one subject to another with no point and then i was walking down the bird came and picked up the chick at the bar.
Bit of luck, by next cruise, the wagon will be sporting my old TE Grille with clear side indicators. YAY. Im so happy.
Ok.
So, sunday 17th August, Western Gems Coastals Re-run, same map, 12 noon meet, 1pm cruise, all gemini's welcome. This will be Gemini Only. and i know the 17th is not the last sunday, rather the middle one, but fuck, i love cruising with you guys.
So I'll see you all on the 17th. But before I go, one last thing, Can we all try to get to the RB nite cruise on the 9th of august. I dont know details, will post later, or check www.rollaboyz.org.au. We can meet somewhere close first and do a mini to the start point.
Thanks for reading all this shit.
Adam
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Change Of Plans - Gemini Party Reply with quote

Soory, i fuct up and double posted there....
Neways, Umm, change of plans for the 17th. Instead of the coastal cruise again, how bout we all get togather at some 1's joint, and just have a few beers and a good chat, be a chance to get to know everyone better as its hard on the cruises, and also take some time to discuss coming events and what everyone would like to do. Of course, there will be a cruise from a start point to the gathering, but of course, this is all just an idea Im floating.
I will speak to aaron, see if we can borrow his joint, i'd use mine but its a shit place for having more than 4 people over.
Once again, I'll let you know.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

HAHAHA i just managed to read all that... Yer the 17th sounds good to me. You cunts are lucky but coz I have to come all the way from Mandurah but thats cool... I'll have ny car ready by then. I dont really wanna cruise anyfurther north so lets keeps it coastal??? anyway there are more chics at the beach and the girls in the bush are hairy!!! hahaha. Take it easy and spread the word. I want a big turnup!

Josh (WA)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

yeah there used to be a a small gemini car club it was run by trav he had a smick lillte TF i think. He got bored and bought a torana. There was a lack of poeple turning up it kepted getting smaller no organisation was what killed :/
Halcyon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Change Of Plans - Gemini Party Reply with quote

This all sounds good i reckon monthly cruises would be good ive seen a few more gemini's around recently and will let them know of future cruises so it seems that the next gemini cruise may have more people at it the last one was #$%#% good. So will see what happens hopefully it all goes well

Scott
DOHC Pano
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Of Plans - Gemini Party Reply with quote

If ya wanna have the drinks thing then i'm up for having it. Cause i cant drive to meet any of you an my cars feelin lonely not seein any other gems an dipressed cause it isn't movin. Theres enough room for heaps of cars an enough room for heaps of people. So if your keen for the drinks thing then i'm up for holding it. +bbq aswell. An heated spa.
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Of Plans - Gemini Party Reply with quote

First of all, 'bush chicks' are NOT hairy. just u wait till u meet my erin. But neways, theres more important things, like telling luke he's a fucking champ! I've jsut read the post, and havent called him yet, but we're looking at the 17th next month, tho may happen erlier, tho it WILL BE on a sunday. I beleve he lives in/near hillaries, but not sure, so I'll organise a small cruise from a start point (probly hillaries harbour) to his joint. Ne chance u can concrete ur back yard so we can do sum burnouts in the arvo?? (I'll just keep dreaming.)
Will let you all know.

Sub note - I put the TE grille on today. Shit clear indicators rock. I just need some amber globes now.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Of Plans - Gemini Party Reply with quote

hey thats miless away from mandurah
:/
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Of Plans - Gemini Party Reply with quote

hey fellas hows life clear indicators hey where did u get them from??? ive been looking but couldnt find any

anyhow 17 is shit for me is mrs b'day and taking her out so i cant make it which pisses me off, good start to a new club hey hahaha. but yeh would like to meet u guys and take photos and stuff to post on the page, when i fiqure out how to build the f%^&er. my car looks shit though hey its all messed up and stuff starting the rebuild but got no car to take it off the road and do it properly so every now and then theres parts missing from it but it doesnt bother me. starting with the interrior and work my way out.

any questions or thoughts on the club u can email my address or call me on 0422016644 name is daniel, the reasoning for starting this club is for more then just cruises as i know it can be a hassle building gemis and ive got alot of new friends willing to help including an awesome mechanic or should i say a mad scientist as zoom magazine gave him this identity hahaha but yeh he is really mad at doing wicked motors and stuff. so anyway if the date can be changed would be wicked if not then enjoy and we can meet or organise another cruise or meet for say a couple weeks after the 17th

daniel
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: perth car club Reply with quote

yeh dude thats it travis was the guy yeh i had the blue td gemini and my gf used to rock along as well which was urs?? did u come often i went to most of them but when i heard trav saying he was buying a new car i knew it would die and didnt have any contact with the other guys except the one with the cream coupe i forgot his name he lives near me in willeton so got find him again cause he was hell interested i think hahahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: