HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP!!! Ripping a TE PV to bits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy_TEPanVan
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! Ripping a TE PV to bits Reply with quote

Well its been a whole 3 days since i took delivery of my first gemmie a te panvan and damn she is sweet,

Im already rippin it to bits and have a few questions. where im stuck
1. Dash, Im trying to pull out the insert with the speedo etc in it. i undid the two screws thru the top of this section but cant pull it out. Should i just give it the bejesus and rip the thing out or are there more hidden screws?
2. Bumpers. The rear bumper is fukt its givin me the shits its all bent and fukt. I need to rip it off but its held on by bolts. Cant undo some of em but coz of the angle there on. Plus the supports that hold em on have these idiot little round things holding them in that cant be undone. Suggestions??? im thinking grind the fucker off and attach a new one. ill just weld on new supports.
3.Rust. I got a bit of rust to take care of, little in the roof. little in the side. little underneath Nuthin to huge. Is it illegal (or unroadworthy) to use fibreglass? Im thinking i may as well just fibre glass up the sides once i grind em out and get a new wheel guard made out of fibre too. as for the roof and underneath i know the underneath has to be done with steel but what about the roof. it would be simple enough for me to fibre it up but im thinking its gonna be unroadworthy coz of safety??? i mean it is the roof let me know.
PLEASE reply asap coz id like to get this thing cranking, im itchin to take it out on the open road.... (legally Smile

Thanks for all your help and sorry bout the huge post
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Ripping a TE PV to bits Reply with quote

well first there are a couple of screws in the dash insert 4 i think

second undo the bumper from inside the wagon rear there are bolts that hold the bumper supports to car take the whole bumper support off then put new one on brackets and put brackets back
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Ripping a TE PV to bits Reply with quote

You'll need to lie on the drivers side floor and stick your hand way up behind the dash. The instrument cluster has a stud on the back of it and that locates into a bracket behind the dash that's part of the body work. On this stud is a wing nut. This is what holds the cluster in when the two screws are removed.
And while your hand's up there you can unclip the speedo cable. Directly under the cable is a spring loaded tab that holds the cable in. Push it towards the cluster while gently pulling on the cable, it should easily come out. When you put it back, just line it up with the hole and push it in. It will align itself and clip back in.

Cheers, Yonnee
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Ripping a TE PV to bits Reply with quote

Laws are different in each state for car legality, but I know, for WA at least, fibreglassing in severely frowned upon. Though there is a way to do it and get away with it, but i forget...
But if u can hide it, shit, its not like the pits peel off the roof lining to check for bog..... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: