HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

another one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: another one Reply with quote

so in the last couple of weeks my car has developed an annoying problem; when the car gets to the maximum engine temp and you turn it off, it keeps running on and you have to stall the car in order to stop. it doesnt happen all the time, only when the car is really warm. anyone else had this?

cheers,
justin
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: another one Reply with quote

my old coupe use to do that, dunno y, people told me cos it had a big cam, and it was pre-ignition.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: another one Reply with quote

Try retarding your ignition timing a little, also try a better fuel such as premium (Ultimate or Optimax).
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: another one Reply with quote

its deffiently a electrical thing...
ive had that problem before and found there was a dodgy connection under the bonnent, someone just twisted the wires together and it was shorting out on another piece off wire...

so just look for something like that... water getting into other electrical places may also be the problem
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: another one Reply with quote

thanks lads, its only just started happening since i took it to the mechanics a few weeks back, ill bother him and see what he did
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: