HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Guard Rolling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

Im painting my gemmy again soon, the first time i did it, it was a restoration/rust job, this time ive chosen to change things a little, just wondering how u guys roll your guards, what you do with the plastic shit inside the guard, the bumper also the rear wheel arches etc.
ive done one so far and its FAT as, im so proud Smile it makes the whole cal look wider.

Also i found a fibre glass place that make sweet front spoiler/kits for all gems, including tx-td models they cost about $100, they just bolt ontop of the stone tray but go heaps lower,
cheers fellas
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

i ripped tat plastic shit out of my guards, my mate did my guards with a hammer when they were off the car, but i strongly do not suggest this method, personally man take it to a crash repairer or sumfin and get it done its worth it...
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

Use a piece of pvc pipe and drag it round the guard, takes a bit of effort but its rolls them fairly well...
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

either buy a guard roller or take it to a panel shop, i strongly suggest you do this. theres nothing worst then rolling the guards with a hammer and denting the guards (high spots are a cunt to get rid of)

most panel shop will have a guard rolling tool
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

well ive done my guards now, did em myself, stuff panelshops!!! nobody touches my car and expects me to pay for it... to an extent anyway. i'll put a post in the R&D about how i went about it. i think its worthy
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

did you pump the guards?
if not why would guard rolling make it look phat.
guard rolling is just rolling the lip on the guard so it doesnt scrub on the tyres.got any pics ?
i rolled mine with a hammer and dolly
(a dolly is a panel beating tool large lumb of smooth steel)
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

Hey give us the details of the place that does these great spoiler kits for gems......wouldnt mind takin a look at that
Cheers
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: fibrglass moulds Reply with quote

name of company
address of company
phone number and state
would be appreciated thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: