HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

So my Mt Cotton - Gemini Skid Pan day is all sorted and going ahead. Here are the details, email me if you have any questions or to book:

Place: Mt Cotton Driver Training Centre
I can send a map to anyone who is comeing and doesn't know where it is ... it's at Mt Cotton near Logan.

Time: 8am - 12 noon

Cost: $60 per car - up to two people per car.

Details: Ok here are the conditions.

- Geminis only I'm afraid. I don't care what engine you have in it but it has to be gemini body shape.

- RB's can come under the technicality that they have a gemini badge, but don't be surprised if you have markedly less fun than your rear wheel drive friends.

- Cost is $60 per car, with a maximum of two people per car. Actual goes on the skid pan are done on a car by car basis though - eg cars with 2 drivers don't get twice as many turns. So you can have 2 drivers in your car and share the $60, but you'll be sharing the turns as well (over 4 hours, that's still a lot of turns). The second person can be a spectator only if they want, but there is a MAXIMUM of 2 people per car. If you turn up with a car full of friends, some of them will have to be left standing at the gate. The complex has a thing about spectators standing all over the place.

- I would prefer that the cars are roadworthy, but if it has plates, I'm not going to run around checking papers or anything. If you tow your car there though, you might make me suspicious.

- You have to reserve a spot before the day. We have a limit of 20 spots so I don't really want 30 people all turning up on the day. You can pay before hand or you can pay on the day ... you cannot pay after the day.

- If you drive like a dickhead I reserve the right to put your car off to the side. Driving like a dickhead doesn't mean skidding and having fun ... it means churning up the grass and endangering other people/vehicles etc. All I'm really looking for is common sense.

So basically, if we do this right and don't cause too many problems for the complex, we'll be able to do this on a fairly regular basis. If we screw them around, they wont let us back ... it's as simple as that. I'll be handing out flyers and things at the next IMCC cruise on August 2 ... so if you really want to reserve a spot, it might be best to get back to me before then.

Any questions, or to reserve a spot, send me an email to four0four@ihug.com.au.

draevon
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

no offence
but is 60 bucks the best they can do cause shit it seems a bit exxy just for four hours of legal skids

im still considering it though.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

I'm interested, i'll confirm with ya on Aug 2 and probly pay ya at that time as well... Catchya...
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

is the drift track open??? and if me and my mate buy or rally gem that will be unroadworthy and tow it there u will let us in wont u mate??? Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

i have a un regoed wagon. i will definatly come if u let me drive it. its roadworthy, just ran outta rego

let me know
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

if u let unroadworthy gems in i will make sure that i have a gem by then. if u wanna be a bitch Smile and not let unroadworthy gems in then i hope that u have a coppa out the front trying to defect ppl so that only tip top show gems are allowed in

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
if u go over every gem u will find at least one defect
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

Due to the public pressure of people calling me a bitch, I will have a look and see if I can find a way around the unregistered car thing ... I'll let you know in a day or two.

from.draevon
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

you better bitch

Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Skid Pan Day - Aug 31 - Details Reply with quote

cant see why not, its not a public road, dont need to be regoed. like QR and willow bank.. there not always roadworthy..

now i need a fucking trayler to get the bitch there
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: UUMMMMMMM... Reply with quote

u never gave us a date???
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: UUMMMMMMM... Reply with quote

BAHAHHAHH dam gene hahahhah i cant stop laaughing

dickhead hhahah

ps. look at the subject
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: UUMMMMMMM... Reply with quote

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! nice one gene!!
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: UUMMMMMMM... Reply with quote

*goes and sits in the corner*

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=www.clas.ufl.edu/users/rogerbb/dunce.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/rogerbb/classes.html&h=234&w=210&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddunce%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: i mean.. Reply with quote

http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/rogerbb/dunce.jpg
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: i mean.. Reply with quote

lol nice hat gene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: