HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG clear tail lights mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: TG clear tail lights mod Reply with quote

get a whole heap of reverse light covers, pop the red brake light cover. then cut and file the reverse light clear lense to fit. I havn't done it yet, but would b easier nuf to do. I've cut and filed a left hand rear reverse cover to fit a right hand with no problem so this should b k. Will try the mod when i gater some clear reserve light covers, should look okay tho.

chris...
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: TG clear tail lights mod Reply with quote

u will need coloured bulbs, and if u get picky cop they will still defect u.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Bad idea Reply with quote

Definitely illegal, all tail-lights are required to meet fairly stringent standards in regards to their optics.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad idea Reply with quote

If it's a show car, give it a go.

If it's your street car, read the ADR guidelines on lighting.
http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/str_adrindx.htm

If you do it, expect to have the local police taking a closer look at your car!

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bad idea Reply with quote

what everyone else said.
also, if you want clear tail lights... buy a honda civic
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad idea Reply with quote

rice gem
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad idea Reply with quote

As far as this idea goes, I'm trying to do much the same sort of thing at the moment. From my recent fun discussing such things as full LED lighting conversion with our verion of the RTA and an authorised engineer, I think it would be ok, however, the ADR's must be met, otherwise it is an illegal modification of the motor vehicle.
That said, it may require engineering (depending on the laws of your particular state or territory of course).
Cheers Smile
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Bad idea Reply with quote

I had the Tint on the tail lights, now we all know that technically its illegal to mod anything, BUT this is one thing that never seemed to disturb the police. I have had police behind me a number of times in peak hour traffic and ive never had a problem. I put brighter globes as a replacement for the standard brake globes, therefore braking visibility was never a problem during the day and probably why the police didnt pull me over.

Im sure that a set of clear lights wouldnt really pose much of a problem unless you draw attention to yourself with dangerous driving.

cheers,
kev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: