HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Piazza Gearbox Querie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodavo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Piazza Gearbox Querie Reply with quote

How can you tell the difference between a piazza 5 speed and a gemini 5 speed box?? Ive got one of the two and I dont know which one ive got. Are the ratios different??
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Gearbox Querie Reply with quote

gem starter motor is on the intake side, pizza starter is on the other... i think... no one will usually reply if u put the word "piazza" in the subject, we're all sick of hearing about that shit
goldn
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Gearbox Querie Reply with quote

no the starter motor is on the same side and the gem box will bolt straight up to a piazza motor.
Rodavo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza Gearbox Querie Reply with quote

Yeah, starter motor is on the same side on both. I am surprised to hear you say that Extragem cause there are plenty of posts on hear with the word piazza for the good reason that alot of people use piazza bits in their gems, so you better get used to this word. I know that both boxes are physically the same and will bolt up and all that but is there anyway of telling (ie. a symbol or numbers on the box, etc)the difference between the two boxes??
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza Gearbox Querie Reply with quote

The output spline is different, I counted the Piazza it was around 27 and Gemini is 10 or fine spline is something like 16? The rear half of the case in the Piazza is slightly different. The holes where the remote shifter attaches to are further forward on the Piazza box. Also the ratios are closer on the Piazza box, similar ratios to the Gemini diesel box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: