HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

17 inch mags....will they fit the tf???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LowBlue TG
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

i was thinking of getting some 17s for the gem and was wondering if they go straight on on as my gem is a tf and is this legal or not?????? what has to be done if so?????
GEMINI_MILITIA
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

i got 17's on my td wagon the fitted nice just needed 2 roll the front gaurds a little in nsw i heard ur only allowed to go up a inch or 2 in nsw but im not really sure peace love & chicken grease
MILITIA out
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

Unfortunately not, the biggest u can go is 14 inch rims with ultra low profile tyres. There have been many dicussions about this over the last fortnight, i'd suggest searching thru the site to get your information. AFAIK, if u do use 14's your offset will have to be approx ET69 give or take 15. SOme have had to get their guards rolled to fit the 14's while others just put up with the scraping for the first week, the guards eventually flare themselves using this method.

Live Fast, Die Sideways...
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

If you live in Victoria you are only allowed to go 2 inches bigger in diameter than the biggest factory wheel available for that car. Say if 13's were the biggest then 15's are the biggest legal rim allowed. Did any gemini ever come out with 14's?
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

RB did, some of em
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

what are you talking about, i have 17's on my gem and its lowered like 2 1/2 - 3 inches and i mine dont even scrape, who cares if they are legal or not at least my car looks sick...
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

it wont be sick with a defect sticker on the window, they make cars look fugly
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: What R U talking about ? Reply with quote

Hehehe, dude it's all good. That was just a bit of dry sarcasm coz of all the 17inch rim posts over the last week or two. Stress-head. *LOL*
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 inch mags....will they fit the tf??? Reply with quote

a defect sticker looks good if ya car is on its nuts
everybody knows whats it for!
if they dont there fucked in the head id say
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: