HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugwump

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

1975 TX Gemini manual sedan. Genuine 88200 kms. $900 recently spent. New shock absorbers/muffler/reco radiator/spark plugs/points/belts/fuel filter, all fitted recently. 25/12 registration - IJV045. Runs well except for minor fuel pump problem. No Roadworthy Certificate. $700 with reg, $500 without reg. Chadstone area in Melbourne's south-east.
TXR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

I might be interested, is there any rust? If there is, how bad is it?
TXR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

I might be interested, is there any rust? If there is, how bad is it?
mugwump

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

Just a tiny bit of rust at the bottom of the driver's door. The car was rustproofed when new (Tuff-Kote). My late mother purchased the car when it was just a few years old, and she didn't drive it much (that's why it's only done 88,200 kms). I have no need for the vehicle so I'm trying to sell it. The car is quite clean and straight inside and out (for its age) except for some small 'supermarket dents'. I really would like a Gemini enthusiast to get the car as it has a lot of potential.
mugwump

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

You are welcome to come and have a look at the car at any time. Don't forget that it does have a minor fuel pump problem that would prevent it being driven for long distances (until fixed obviously). I goes well on level ground and down-hill but struggles for fuel going up hills. Do you live far from the Chadstone area? My mobile is 04111-48511 and my name is Peter.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

ok, firstly, where is the reverse gear? up and left or down and right?

second...paint condition.

i might be interested in seeing it.

rob.
mugwump

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

Reverse gear is left and down (which is normal AFAIK), whilst the paint is very good.

Two separate parties are coming to check it out. One of them seems very keen.

Peter
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

left and down???????
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

yes same as my tx, it has the bellet floor pan which means 5 spd cant be bolted up unless u move the gearbox mounts on floorpan. 8 bolt diff.
engine bay will prob be black as pre pollution and might not have a brake booster.
seats will be bolted through the floor.
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: FS (Melb) 1975 TX Gemini Reply with quote

oh yes my mistake, my tx had the same weird gearbox, ive had 7 gems and i thought the tx box went left and up, but now i remember it was left and down cos i was a bit weiry on snappin 2nd gear, tough little thing she was, had the same 8 bolt locked diff and seats through the floor, pure registered burnout car the tx was, till that damn roo!!
mugwump

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: *** S O L D *** Reply with quote

The vehicle has been sold. It will re-emerge as a rally car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: