HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

32/36 webber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: 32/36 webber Reply with quote

Hey all, I've only just completed my engine swap to a G180 with webber and extractors, however it empties the fuel bowl way to fast. I only just get into the powerband in second gear and it dies. I've read Ben's website and am going to try running the fuel pump at 12V, however I was wondering if it was more likey to be someting in the carby? I'm hoping to get it right before resorting to taking it back to the carb-tech (which will cost $$$)

Any suggestings welcome
Greg
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: 32/36 webber Reply with quote

Most likely the seat (ie needle and seat), original ones are cross drilled to let more fuel in when the float and needle are down, I have never seen a cross drilled replacement one, so they dont let the fuel into the bowl as quick.

I dont know where to get them from either, but ask the carb shop, they probably have original ones, I use original seat with new needles.

Ben
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 32/36 webber Reply with quote

check that the float level is not set to low. if this is fine try using a holley red with a reg set @ 4psi in the engine bay, keeping the stock pump as a pick up. you could even use a surge tank. this is what ive had to do for mine with twin webbers. hope it was some help
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: how do I check the float level? Reply with quote

I'm not that knowledgable on the webber carbie, if it was the stocko one I'd be right (I have original workshop manuals that come in very handy). Whats the best/easiest way to check and adjust the float level?

Cheers
Greg
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: how do I check the float level? Reply with quote

Just measure it with a decent ruler to check its within the specs on a weber rebuild/exploded parts diagram sheet i'm sure can be found on the net, well i found one in pdf format when i was lookin. And as for adjustment, small bending of the metal tab will do the job and is the correct way of doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: