HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Port and Polish in Melb!!??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Port and Polish in Melb!!?? Reply with quote

Hey,
Just after some info on a cheap place to get a head ported and polished. Anywhere around where they know how to get the best from gem heads? Also, any cheap places to get a TX head from, or should i just leave that up to the head joint?
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Port and Polish in Melb!!?? Reply with quote

yeah im after a tx head myself
id sujest HEAD WORKS in murrenbena there cheap as and do a good job gettn my engine done through them
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Port and Polish in Melb!!?? Reply with quote

graeme joseph automotive in moorabbin
he's been doing heads for ages (aswell as other stuff) he is very good and will explain stuff to you for ages. his number is 9555 2004
BlueCoupeDude
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Port and Polish in Melb!!?? Reply with quote

The TX head would give the best increase in power, right? what does it do to the life of the engine though? what else would you need to keep the engine running sweet?? can you only use unleaded/premium after the head job??? what about for a g180, would the same things apply???? and finally, what kind of prices are we looking at for the 'cheap', and i dont mean 'crap', head work to be done????
shave $$, port $$, polish $$ etc.

cheers!>.
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Port and Polish in Melb!!?? Reply with quote

If your in the west True Line Engine Reconditioners 93753604 are really good they have done a lot a race work and know about gems. I was quoted $40 for a shave and didnt ask about the porting. Remember that shaving the head too much will affect the cam chain length! not to sure how far it can be shaved.
Just Gemini's in East Keilor have a lot of parts 93316355
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: