HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new donk for badger motorsports (power output)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gem on dubs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

hey just wondering what you guys think this super big valve head job will produce... lets turn it into one of those guess comps. whoever gets the closest to the rear wheels output, i will give my old 1600 donk to (if you want a big arse paperweight!!!)
Ron
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

Did you air flow trest the head? I would like to know what improvements it made to air flow. The large inlet valve must come close to the cylinder, perhaps even shroud flow a bit. What exhaust valve size was used? The shape of the chamber looks good ... they did a good job of welding and grinding so that each chamber looks the same. How much did the head mods cost? How much lift has the cam got? Crow's 0.4255 inch lift just clears a stock piston with 0.060 clearance, using a piston with 0.015 deck below the block.

I figure you will make about 92 KW at the wheels, about the same as a V6 Commodore and that is about 140 Kw at the flywheel.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

i reckon 150Hp
Mine should be about 190Hp
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

183HP
and a hell of a lot of tyre smoke
Mr DOHCT
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

139 Wink
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

read this well...... gem engine for prize binned by Irate mother, i repaet binned by Irate mother... although there is still a niki carb and manifold. i'm puttin in a bid of 182kw FLYWHEEL
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: new donk for badger motorsports (power output) Reply with quote

my aswer was in kws wasnt it lol
does that mean no one gets a free engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: