HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Head Shaving Ques

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

So the max u can shave ur head is 120 thou. If i got say 80 thou taken off, would i need to do anything with the valves?(Do they hit the piston) or any other mods at the same time. Also is there some dome top pistons that fit into the g161..thats to up the compression instead of shaving the head. Anyone got any prices for both? thnx guys
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

shave it to the valve seats if u like, clearence probs with the valves hitting the piston will depend on the cam you are using. using standard cam u wont have prob no matter how much u take off if i recall
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

What bout using an aftermarket cam? What cam do ppl suggest for power? and does it run 'lumpy' when ideling and shit?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

some cams run lumpy others dont. the crow cams have a lumpyness to them
i ahvent tried tighe or watts cams
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

i have a 30 / 70 cam and u can hear it at idle and shaved head with no clearence probs, u only have probs if u run about a 44/80 cam or around that
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

Yah, depends on the amount of lift from your cam. You can always fly cut your pistons to suit if you wanna shave your head down heaps and have a nice long duration & high lift cam
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Shaving Ques Reply with quote

I've got a Crow Cam in the head and its lumpy as.

On idle the car rocks side to side, i lov it.

and sounds spastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: