HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

is it Worth Trying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

is it worth trying 2 put electric windows in 2 the front of my tx coupe, has anyone done it?
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

would be different lot's of time and hassles to get it going right would be good if you could set it up like the nissan gtir when you lock the car the windows go up
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

Umm I dont know the winding ratio of a TD gemini winder. Dont they have a pully set up instead of a cog drive? I doubt it would work on a TE - TG modal beacuse it's only a couple of turns of the winder till the window is either up or down. What i'm trying to get at is look at a commodore or something that comes out with electric windows and you'll notice the manaual operation winder in a commodore takes heaps more winds to take the window either up or down so when they fit electric windows the electric motor doesnt have to do as much work... dunno if you'll understand that but yer good luck =)

Josh (WA)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

that shouldnt make any difference
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

Thats just my theory, gemini windows arnt the easyest things to wind up even when they are set up rite but like the song says.. whatever
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

True

TD wagon/van window regulators have to be one of the stupidest fucking designs ever.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

Thooper good to see u agree
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

i think they have DIY kits for them? but they cost an arm and a leg
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

the coupes have a cog design and germini has them on his
old blue one.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

cool
I'm gunna do it Smile
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

try Jay car they may have a kit for it
www.jaycar.com.au
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

What i'm looking at doing is, I have a spare coupe door with the winder and set up in it, i was think of removing it and replacing with a Hq to Wb electric configeration, they look very similar in size and shape. The commodore are not the cog type they are cable type so they would be useless.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: is it Worth Trying Reply with quote

www.carmate.com.au - something about electric window thing in there.. have a look
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: