HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wheel offset/G180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: wheel offset/G180 Reply with quote

hi guys, i was checkin out some mags at a tyre place yesterday, and the dood said my offset is fucked for after market rims, i think its something like 4x100??? does that make any sense. apparantly the new after market rims are mostly 5 stud patterns, and considering the recent popularity of FWD rice cars, they mainly cater for them.

just out of curiosity, what are some decent options for new mags. i was thinking 16's or 17's, and i'm not huge on early bimmer and calibra wheels. how much does it cost for a conversion to 5 studs?

the g180 thing

there is an ad in hot4's for an efi dohc g180 for $800. is it worth it? how hard is it to change the stocko to the dohc one? any electrical shit? also, what turbo/intercooler do you reccomend for daily drivable applications, but i wanna be able to wind up the boost for drags. ultimnately i wanna hit the 12 - 13 mark

thanks heaps for wading through this newbie shit

andrew
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: wheel offset/G180 Reply with quote

A mate of mine ran 17" original 4-stud after-market Gem mags no probs(u know the type with the four cone shape spokes!?) Although he said they were rather hard to get a hold of. I'm pretty sure you can convert 4 to 5 studs by changing the rear diff set and the front hubs with a similar (exact) size diff set and hubs. Regardless of make or model, as long as the diff is the same size and the radius of the studs from the centre is the same.
Hope that helps!

Can't help with the turbo shit, i drive a stock gem work less than a grand with MAJOR fuel problems - no hope of upgrading till i get a better paying job hey!
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: wheel offset/G180 Reply with quote

Yes lots of electrical crap. all the fuel injection needs to be done. So very roughly another $600 for wiring.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel offset/G180 Reply with quote

You mentioned rice cars, by that i think you mean Lancers, Excels and Civics yeah? Well, these cars ALL have 4x100 stud patterns so you should not have trouble putting these wheels on.

Offset however, isnt the 4x100 number but its a number like +15mm or whatever. This relates to how your wheel sits in the gaurd, wrong offset might mean ur tyres rub on gaurds etc.

cheers
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: wheel offset/G180 Reply with quote

so if my wheels rub against the guards with rubber, can't they be rolled within reason? i mean just flare em out a bit. i've seen a few civics flared to all fuck here on the coast, is it legal but?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: