HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Front end mix'n'match

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Front end mix'n'match Reply with quote

Hey, just wondering, If you had a tg or tf gem, could you swap the front end from a td tx or tc gem on, still using the tf/g plastic bumpers rather than the older chrome ones?

thanks, zep
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Front end mix'n'match Reply with quote

i wouldnt
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Front end mix'n'match Reply with quote

yeah you could and lots of people have done it but you have to remove the radiator support panel from both cars and then put the tg one in so the lights and shit will fit. Im not against doing this but i just dont get why would you want to? with a good front on them already?
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Front end mix'n'match Reply with quote

It's more that i prefer the older front end, but chrome bumpers just dont, well, 'bump.' They crush, as I have found out to my dismay with my late gem.
Ah well, guess i'll have to do with the newer front, still a damn pearler anyway Very Happy

thanks, zep
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Front end mix'n'match Reply with quote

i think you could put laer model bumpers on them? the black gemini van in the show gallery has them so maybe you could swap them somehow?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Front end mix'n'match Reply with quote

it will look shit house
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: