HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

A problem with low speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: A problem with low speed Reply with quote

Hey,
Just been tinkern' with the beast cos she's having some problems with losing power at lower speeds. once she gets to sixty it's plain sailing from there on. Also, it's not a constant thing, almost feels like the plugs are mis-firing but it's not that. it has good days and bad days, some days it runs fine and others not so fine! Air fillter is fine, fuel filter brand new, cleaned and brushed plugs and cap, and rid the fuel tank of excess water.
Anyone encountered the same problem or have any suggestions?
Much appreciated
TGCOUPgirl
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A problem with low speed Reply with quote

This seems to be pretty common from what I have heard from a few friends, my original engine also did this before I decide to roll it away in a shopping trolley.

1 friend worked out that fuel was somehow spewing into the oil sump and therefore clagging the crap out of it, i think mine was more of a carby/timing thing with a bit of warped head to add to the situation.. It never wanted to keep running. Mixtures and timing were done perfectly but it just would never stay running and I would have to sit there heel-&-toeing my accelerator and brake at the lights so it wouldnt die in the arse.

Anyway I hope these expereiences can give you some ideas...

Crystal
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A problem with low speed Reply with quote

Thanks crystal, yeah i got a machanic mate of minr to take it for a spin this mourning and he said it was definatley a fuel problem and that it is pretty bad. I'm gonna be running throu the regular timing and mixture checks sometime today, hopefully it is something as simple as that and not like ur friends pissing into the sump.
Much appreciated for the reply thou.
TGCOUPgirl
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A problem with low speed Reply with quote

thats cool dude, hope it works out for ya Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: