HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Audi Disc People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Audi Disc People Reply with quote

With the Audi Quattro 80 Discs u guys have used. What calipers have you found to suit the 256mm dia disc best!

Those VX calipers on Commodores run a huge disc ( 300mm or so I measured some statesman ones)and the pad width to be 50 mm. Would these calipers be too bulky for the closest to gemini specs disc, the 241'S!
Whats the write up on VX calipers, are they really that good, theyd be cheap (lighter than cast) and readily available. But sliding caliper?? So its a twin piston caliper using leverage to make up for 4 pistons. Is that efficient, I know heaps of manufacturers do it this way, but would they deliver even clamping pressures! Any Engineers out there, or people that know what STOP means!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Audi Disc People Reply with quote

i used vl calapers on my audi disks
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Audi Disc People Reply with quote

Hey Gene!
Was that the standard Vl calipers or the turbo ones? How was the caliper to stub axle fittment and the centalization of the caliper, from the caliper flexi hose to the cars brake lines was the flare nut thread identical??
Are you happy with the overall stopping ability?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Audi Disc People Reply with quote

Was that the standard Vl calipers or the turbo ones?
#n/a. no need for the turbo ones. the gemini is light as

How was the caliper to stub axle fittment and the centalization of the caliper,
#u need to machine back the knuckels where the calaper bolts on a little to lign the disk to the center of the calaper

from the caliper flexi hose to the cars brake lines was the flare nut thread identical??
#not sure yet cos i have no brake lines in my car ATM

Are you happy with the overall stopping ability?
# well yes as its just a shell Smile LOL

i know a 13 second coupe with this set up and it stps him nicly without a master upgrade. you could try it and if u want more upgrade to a XF master and it will be awsum

my front brakes
http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/progressphotos.msnw?Page=3

my rear brakes
http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/progressphotos.msnw?Page=5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: