HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

cams and flywheels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
champo
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: cams and flywheels. Reply with quote

Hey al, Just wonderin if anyone could give me a hand.
I got a 1980 te gem, I just put in a FULLY rebuilt g200 and would like to put in a mild cam, I mostly want mid range power, but If anyone has any advice on decent cams, Id really appreciate it. Im also havin trouble with a clutch that slips, I've confered with local mechanics, but had trouble getting any improvements at all. The clutch plate and pressure plate are brand new, but I bought them for my old 1600, are they big enough? also wots the gutsiest 5 speed, I got one out of a tf/tg now, and my old scool 4 speed would kill it. Also, does neone Know the min thickness of a gem flywheel, as I want to machine and lighten mine. thanks.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: cams and flywheels. Reply with quote

try a 30/70 cam and get a 2 ltr flywheel , they are about an inch larger in diametere if i recall. cant rememeber the diff between the 2lrt pressure plate clamping force and a g160 been a while since i did mine
champo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: cams and flywheels. Reply with quote

thanks a heap mate, much appreciated, I'll give it a go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: