HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

whats this???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whackenauffe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: whats this??? Reply with quote

i have a wierd sound coming out from the area underneath the centre console where the cd player/ radio goes. it sounds like a cd is rubbing while being played. i know for a fact that it isnt a cd... it gets loudfer when i take my foot off the clutch as well. it seems to be comming somwhere between the gearstick and the cd player
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: whats this??? Reply with quote

hi pitched sound, low pitched, grinding, scratching sound????? could be a lost engine monkey after a night out on the turps!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: whats this??? Reply with quote

Sounds like your throw out bearing on the gearbox, if its not too bad live with it, however if it is bad you gotta pull the gearbox out, bout $30 or so for the bearing but a lot of fuck around to replace it, if you can wait leave it till you next change your clutch or gearbox...
whackenauffe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: whats this??? Reply with quote

ok, thanx, the guy who i bought it off said he just replaced the gearbox,,, could this be what is making the noise??? does it have to be run in or anything????? thanx anyways
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: whats this??? Reply with quote

Also, you could try adjusting the clutch up a little bit, might stop the throwout bearing rattle
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: whats this??? Reply with quote

Yeah adjusting the clutch may fix some of the noise, but if the bearings fucked its only gonna get worse as time goes on, but thats what i think it is anyways. As for what you can do about it, well leave it and bear with thwe noise or pull out your gearbox and replace it, trust me unless its really bad live with it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: