HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

front end conversion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: front end conversion Reply with quote

hey ive got a tx coupe which already has a td front end i prefer the td front but i want whole new bonnet and guards and ive tryed as hard as i could but cant find any at all so im thinking of going tf frontend other than the already mentioned and lights what else do i need ecept grill (thats why i got a cooler)will the original td bumper fit and look good on the front cause i dont like the crap plastic ones and trying to keep the whole thing as close to old school as i can within reason
thanks for any help
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

try elky for a bonnet and stuff, to go to a late model bonnet and front u need to change ur radiator surrort panel, yes this means cutting and welding as the bonnets have different latches from early model to late model. unless ur confident about doing mods like this id leave it as a td front.
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

ok no prob welding and i wasent goin to use latch anyways just pins still love to keep the front end but after all new guards and bonnet i wouldnt mind a fiber glass front?????
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

ok, havent had much to do with them, are pins legal ? u need a seftey catch to if i recal, just remember fibre glass cracks very easy, the repeaters are in the bumper on te onwards do if u used a chrome bumper somehow then u would have to mount the repeaters back on the guards.
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

i think they can be legal just depends on how its been done fiber glass was just a thought do you think the chrome bumper would look ok? dose the lower skirt match up with the different front end?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

if ur going to fibreglass things just do the bonnet. The pins are legal as long as u have a secondary locking system but do check with the local DOT rep.
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

cool mate thanks thats what i was thinkin of anyways at least we can agree on this topic?
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

tx coupe tx1975 too tired to think sorry boys
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

Why not just repair the probs with your td guards ? The time spending patching up any rust or pulling a dent or 2 would be way less than fitting and wiring an entire tf-tg front to the car.

If you don't have the parts already grab some rusted ones from the wreckers and fix em.

fixing guards and stuff is easy since you can rip em off and work on them from both sides on a bench.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

i have a tc with a tg frontend and dash. if anyone needs to see how it is done they are welcome to come have a look
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

bit of work involved, and wont look that great.
TGCOUPgirl
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

i have a tx coupe with tg front end
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

i have a td with a tg front AND REAR END! Razz
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

is the dash swaped in yours too?
TGCOUPgirl
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: front end conversion Reply with quote

nah i dont have the ugly flat dash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: