HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door Trim
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Door Trim Reply with quote

I have a RB gemini as most of you know and i don't like the plain vinyl door trim that it has. I have some spray paint here and was wondering if it would stick to it? Just to give it a different look?

Cheers
TuFf
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim Reply with quote

i heard a wile ago about vinal paint or stain most paints wont dry if they are aycrilic (?spelling)but two pak
will as it has it's own hardener
why not just put some different material on it preety easy
hope this helps zzz
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim Reply with quote

try vinyl paint m'man, normal paint wont stick

cheers,
justin
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim + goons Reply with quote

Ok thanks guys. Goons i sprayed the back black on my car. I got pics i just have to scan them. You got your pics done yet?

Cheers
TuFf
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim + goons Reply with quote

get fake fur....that stuff is hell pimpish
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim + goons Reply with quote

lol... i want something i can get dirty and give it a wipe down so it looks brand new.. I could buy some sheet metal and cut it to size and stick it on there for something different? Only problem is that it would heat up in the sun. Also are all window winders the same? As in do they all fit on the same thing? Also how would i go about getting a template of the boot in my car? I am going to make a floor for it.

Cheers
TuFf
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim + goons Reply with quote

well if it gets dirty get a vacuum onto it Razz ...you could go for the metal stuff but i guess it would be harder to fit and you'll burn ya arms and shit while in the sun... i have bright red fur shit in my red gemini and its pretty easy to clean and gets a few stares hehe
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim + goons Reply with quote

i just want something thats nice and tidy but not basic. I have the SLX door trim in my RB. I don't know what is better the SLE door trim or the SLX? I would'nt mind some Kingswood Window winders but i am not sure if they would fit? I am going to cut out a plywood floor for the boot or my car. Either plywood or MDF and put a removable section in it so i can get to the spare. Going to set up some walls in it to put my tools on to. Although the $800 worth of rust might have to come first. Any ideas?

Cheers
TuFf
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: fake fur.... Reply with quote

Hehehehe.... That's what i'm doing to my Gem. I went into Spotlight for some trim ideas and stumbled across some long haired fake fur in tiger stripe. The leopard print was o.k but i prefered the tiger stripe over it. I'm doing my doors, roof-lining, rear parcel shelf and i'm getting the centre sections of my white vinyl seats stitched front and back. Thought about getting a custom dash mat done in it, but not sure yet as it's pretty over-kill. But what they hey, i probably will... hehehehe

Pimpin Gemi's Out
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: fake fur.... Reply with quote

i prefer the street look than the pimp look. What ever you prefer though. Good Luck.

Cheers
TuFf
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: fake fur.... Reply with quote

benders top 10 most uttered words. number 6. pimpmobile
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Door Trim Reply with quote

The SL\E had veleor seats and door trims, and i think rear headrests too. If you could find an RB SL\E at a wreckers yard and grab the interior out of that thatd b mint

cheers
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: fake fur.... Reply with quote

yeah i was gona go for the tiger striping but i went just for plain red instead...now i need to paint the dash :S
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim Reply with quote

yeah that would be cool. I just painted the back of my car black like the SLE afew days ago. Have the got a different dash in anyway?

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Trim + goons Reply with quote

well the tool to take the window winders off is the same accross the board for 'earlier' holdens so i dare say kingy winders will fit. sle door trims look better but as ive found out are absolute pricks to put speakers in so im reverting to custom slx trims (with vs commodore speaker/ map pockets and 92' daihatsu applause arm rests, $40 from the wreckers all up), as soon as i can figure out how to use the f*&^ing scanner ill send you some pics!

cheers,
justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: