HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

4ZE1 Acellerator cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

I got one of these to use with my injection and it seems to long. Did anybody who used one of these on isuzu injection have to shorten them a tad. Even adjusted to the max the butterfly stopper doesnt quite hit the plenum. Every thing i read said they were the perfect length. Any ideas?

Cheers
Loz
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

use a push bike brake cable. you can buy them in lengths then you just trim it to size, and they are cheap as chips. you can use just about any outer accelerator cable, providing it reaches the plenum
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

i welded a peice of pipe with a slot in it to the top of the accelerator pedal so the cable sit's better
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

Hey Loz,

I used a 4ZE1 cable with a 4ZE1 manifold and it fits perfectly.

Ben
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

Im using a piazza manifold with the 4ze1 cable and there is still about 15mm of play in the pedal. So it seems to be about an inch too long. I guess I'll just have to cut the end off and fit a new one.

Cheers
Loz
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

Doesn't your cable have a threaded section like the standard gemmy cable, which allows you to adjust it about 40mm either way?

If not, then I'm sure you have'nt got the right cable. Go to a holden dealer instead of a wrecker, then at least you will know what you are getting.

Ben
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

Definately a rodeo 2.6 coz I ripped it out myself and it is adjustable but just not enough. I suppose as there are many rodeo variants then the firewall could be slightly different and the cables in some be slighlty longer. I'll just keep battling and I'll find some way I guess.

cheers
Loz
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 Acellerator cable Reply with quote

You may have got a late model accelerator cable from a single butterflye TB efi manifold, and trying to fit it to an earlier twin butterfly TB manifold, or vice versa. Thats all I can think of besides different cabin/firewalls as you mentioned.

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: