HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Racing Harnesses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Racing Harnesses Reply with quote

I was wondering how people have attatched up their harnesses, and if anyone has heard of the type that can still utilise the standard belts, any prices, recommended shops etc would be appreciated... Cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Racing Harnesses Reply with quote

iv/im bolting the lap sash to the original standard belt points while also leaving the standard belts there. the sholdar straps go to the parcel tray where iv welded a 200mmx200mmx2mm plat (left and right) they will bolt threw that with a 75mmx75mmx3mm "washer" under the parcel try
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Racing Harnesses Reply with quote

From what ive heard you need eyelet bolts or somethin for the lap sash bit, or do they both manage to fit in the same spot, i know of others who've done similar with the plate, just wondering if there were any other ways of doin it, cheers...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Racing Harnesses Reply with quote

i think your MENT to use eye bolts... but i used the stock bolts. yeah i fit both on the one bolt in my last gem
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Racing Harnesses Reply with quote

mine has two eyelet bolts on the rear shelf and two eyeltes were the old seatbelt went. u may want to lock the lower eyelet bolts to the floor.

My new car has a bar behinmd the drivers seat the harness wraps around the bar for the shoulder straps and has a groin strap. and we have drilled and plate two extra eyelets to the floor pan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: