HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

My dad told my uncle (the owner of the Bellett) where he could buy a cheap JT Gemini, so I ended up getting it for free, and if my uncle ends up buying the JT Gemini I get another Bellett for free. Pretty cool or what?
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

aren't belletts a rebaged gemi
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

Nah, Belletts are pre-Gemini. Isuzu even called the first Gemini the Bellett-Gemini.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

as the saying goes you learn something new every day
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

Lucky bastard!
I wanna Bellett someday.. hopefully a GT
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

Belletts!

I've got a really early Bellett (1965 approx) at home in the shed in pieces. It was mint when I bought it, except that it had been stoved in the B-pillar and needed a new pair of doors and some welding.

I bought another one and fanged it around for a while, but it really was a deathtrap and totally buggered in almost every department, except the doors, so it has donated it's doors and b-pillar to the cause and gone to the great tip in the sky. I was so sad when I took it to the dump.

Belletts went surprisingly hard for their 1500cc engines and had an incredible amount of torque down low for a 4 cylinder.

I've taken off in 3rd gear in one of mine without so much as a shudder!! My TD Gemini van would leave it for dead, but sure as hell can't take off in 3rd gear!

Belletts are cool cruisers and nifty cars even if their brakes sucked hard. I think I'll just get used to owning a 4-door though, because the GTs are impossible to find!

Although I've never seen a Wasp (Bellett ute) in reality, I know where a couple live.... hmmm

Dave
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

nice deal
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the torque, mine does 3rds, and I kept trying to change it from 2nd to 3rd when it was already in 3rd. And the brakes dont suck in mine, its got Sigma solid discs with early Commodore callipers. My dad had to do an emergency stop one time and the guy behind him said the back wheels came off the ground. Also, if your thinking of putting a bigger motor in one, Mitsubishi Starion turbo brakes (vented discs front and rear) pretty much bolt straight on with minimal mods.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

i know where theres a few of these sitting around rusting away...

i think one of them is a 2 door... does that mean it a GT?

i think some late mode lbellets had the carbied G161W twincam inthem as well...wooo how exciting Very Happy
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

2 Door usually means its a GT. The model with the G161W was the GTR and was made between 1964 and 1966, it had 1600 twin cam with twin solexs, had 120hp and topped out at 190km/h, thats pretty good for 1964.
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

I hear Belletts I came Running.
I have 2 Belletts.'64 Sedan, G180SR(Single Cam,Same Block as G180W DOHC)GTR Close Ratio 4 Speed, Custom Made LSD, Scorpion Discs All round, Z Bar Rear Suspension, Lowered 3" Front & 3.5" Rear.
The Other is a '67 GT, Stack as a Rock in Pieces.
And Oh yeah, GTR Belletts were made from 1968-1970 not 1964 or what some else said.
There is No Geniune GTR Belletts in Oz, The Closest Mock Up is a Mate of mine in Sydney.
The Bellet to get is a GT-X, G180W(160hp), I don't know too much about them. Only that it was designed By the Guy that designed the Mitsubishi Galant and the Front look nearly Identical.
And theres only 3 Bellett Wasps in OZ, Going and reg'd(2 Trays and 1 Ute).
If ya need any Info on Belletts e-mail me or make a Post here.
Cheers
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

You know Tom Amos then? My father knows him as well. I got my info from here http://www.pomehouse.com/Bellett/main.html which says the GTR was made from 1964-'66. I was thinking of using Starion brakes on mine, which as I said earlier are vented front and rear.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

Where where?!?
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

GTR seems to have gone through to 72, I found this somewhere on the net a while ago it's a 1971 or 72 GT-R, and its got a G180W
http://scholar.uws.edu.au/~13213187/bellett/1002.jpg
http://scholar.uws.edu.au/~13213187/bellett/777.jpg
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: Cammo79TE (About Bellett) Reply with quote

Yeah I know Tom Amos, That GTR of his is a G200W because he couldn't find a G161W. I managed to find one At EKW in Melbourne, Complete Motor and Gearbox for $800. Those pics that Bugle posted are of a Bellett GT-X as I mentioned B4 they were fitted with a G180W. GT-X has those wierd looking Headlight Trims(See 2nd Pic) and had a Early Model Gemini diff(Not Swing Axle)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: