HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Electrical Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

I picked up my Gemini today and got it home, had a look at a few bits and pieces and found out that when I have my indicator on *and* brakes or headlights or high-beams or wipers on they dont flash. Anyone know whats causing this?
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

prolly a taillight short.. something is trying to find an earth and its going thru the indicator earth causing a short, thus thats why they stay on

try taking out a bulb at a time to see which one is causing the short
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

Ok cool Im gonna try that now. But how come it does it when the wipers are on if it could be a taillight short?
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

check all theearth points... even the wiring under the dash, you may find that just grabbing the wiring and jiggling it can fix the problem..
works for me
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

Hmm.. still looking. Might be the same thing thats causing my headlights not to work. Wiring fine under the dash but no power under the bonet. Just a thought..
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

sounds like a big voltage drop to me, check how much your alternator is charging (should b above 13 volts at fast idle) or change the flasher can
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

Found out that it must be a voltage drop. Just took it for a spin, parkers and high-beam (low beam doesnt work) killed the car just up the road. The car started straight after and I was able to limp her home.
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

take it too a auto-electrician he'd get it all sorted out in no time...

i did and the dude was fixing things right left and centre. for a bout 40mins. he only charged me $25 buks aswell... its well worth it, or ull be trying too figure it out all weekend.
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Electrical Problem Reply with quote

Yeah I might do that. My mate is a mobile auto electrician. I ged all shit like that done for free. He quickly did my head-lights in my first Gemini inbetween deliveries when I worked at a pizza bar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: