HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stripping the import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: stripping the import Reply with quote

have come across a few interesting bits while stripping the twincam, i must get photos up so you can all have a geezer at them

its got an extra crossmember where the drive shaft joins the torque tube, im not sure of technical terms here i'll have to get a foto up to describe it

anyway in that section where they join the back part of the torque tube there is a dirty great rubber mounting that looks like a triangle and jons the metal housing on 3 sides, anyways mine was completely rooted and ripped to bits, probably why i can rip seconds in the thing anymore and that explains the clunking, didn't seem to affect anything else tho

so the entire rear end is now out of the car and the driveshaft is out so now its just gearbox and engine to go and most of the good stuff is out except for the interior

i'll post some pics up asap, see if i can get my hands on a camera this arvo
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: stripping the import Reply with quote

it have the lsd rear end?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: stripping the import Reply with quote

nah but its got the extra fat diff housing and the LSD centre slots straight into it

same as a ZZ/R diff but with an open centre...

already got that part sorted for when it gets put back together Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: