HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 & G161 Clutches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

G'day,
I had a G161 in my car, and I took it out and put in a G200, but took the clutch off the 1.6 and put it on the 2L. Now the bloody thing doesn't work. Push your foot down on it and it doesn't engage the clutch all the way (as in it's still in gear and driving from the engine when the clutch is down). I've adjusted the cable all the way so that it is close to engaging, but it's still not enough.

Are the clutches for these engines different enough to make it do that? I know that the size might be slightly different, but that would just affect how long it lasted, not it worked at all. Is there anything else?

I have the G200 clutch that I'm going to try tomorrow, but is there anything else I should look out for?

Robbo
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

Im interested in any info on that too. When I got my custom one fabricated it had to be adjusted all the way possible and it only releases fully just up from the floor.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

a mechanic friend told me that it's possible the pressure plate went in the wrong way around... so I'm going to try that and see how it does

here's hoping, my car has been off the road for over two weeks
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

nope, still no luck, pressure plate is in the right way...

the two clutches off the G200 and the G161 are exactly the same, and I can't try the G200 one anyway because it is all rusted and shit, but they are the same.

Has anyone got any ideas why my clutch isn't working?
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

have u put the ckuth cablt 'through' the engine mount? this takes up alot of slack, could be y ur clutch isnt engaging all the way. let us know how u go.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

yeha make sure that the clutch cable is through the bracket. its the one that goes from the box to the engine bottom of the engine near the engine mount wit a little hole in it
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: G200 & G161 Clutches Reply with quote

yeah, the clutch cable is all the way in, all the way secured, I've tried two different clutch cables aswell, both from cars that previously worked fine, so that isn't the problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: