HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TE Head - Confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

I've just finished porting my head with the valves out and all. I was told off my mate who i bought the head off some time ago that it was off a TE. I took this as true (since it had no pollution gear, hole for mechanical fuel pump not there and had 40mm inlet valves). Now, upon being interested in the head that's gonna give me go go til i get my turbo, i realised that it doesnt have the isuzu logo up front?? Casting number is 8. I thought all TE onward heads had isuzu symbol. I've re-checked my figures and the inlet valves are 40mm. Any ideas what the fuck this head is from??
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

i have a td, no isuzu stamp on, no pollution gear and no mechanical fuel pump.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

Dont the TE heads have smaller valves and lower compression ratios then the TX/C/D heads?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

i think so
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

so if the TE had 40mm inlet valves (im assuming ur valves are stock and u havent put bigger ones in?) what do the earlier heads have?
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

42mm for tx-td big valve heads. Confusion exists in ppl's perception of the tx compared to tc and td big valve heads. The tc\td that came with the big valves dont have the same combustion chamber (small) size and the flow angle of the inlet ports. Basically, might have same size valves in tc\td heads although not as good a head.

I'm confused as to how d fuck my head, which i was told is te, doesnt have the isuzu symbol? Could it be a different head? TD head (which flows better than the later model ones in comparison, even though it doesnt flow as good as a tx?
U follow me??
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: TE Head - Confusion Reply with quote

um i think the later models had bigger combustion to lower compression.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: