HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

g180 dohc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: g180 dohc Reply with quote

turbo sugestions for a g180 twin cam, what piston, compression ratio's, whether its worth up sizing valves in the head.
DOHC TD
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: g180 dohc Reply with quote

ok well to start ACL still make a piazza turbo spec piston (dished for low comp. apparently). upsizing the valves will have a degree of improvement but i think the money would be better spent regrinding the cams to suit a turbo application, for a comparisson look to successful turbo motor cam spec for a guide (ford cosworth, sr20, ca18 ect.)
Grant
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: g180 dohc Reply with quote

Do some homework on oil pumps. I considered the same only a year ago and found the G180 DOHC oil pump unable to support the oil flow i was after. I also wanted to run an oil cooler. Ive since changed my approach, and going 2.6 rodeo+turbo. I also found it hard to find a suitable piston and head gasket for a boosted engine. I know this doesnt sound good, but dont give up yet-it has been done, it was just hard in Adelaide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: