HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

We met, we drove around in the hills and i nearly went up the back of dave *i think*
and then i did a burnout when i left.
i brang my woman to show off too!
and im gonna ignore jokes from yobbo and gene and etc
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

hahaha i have a few. but i will keep it shut.

BUT why did u do a skid? IMSC dont let use to skids or speed or anything. gives the club a bad name
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

i did it illegally and when i left - over the road from the others

and i dont give a flying fuck about the IMSC
SO NERRRRR
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

well i really enjoyed the hills run except the guy with the auto gem in front who fucked something up he wasnt going to bad then smoke every where lol

too bad we lost every one on the way into town oh well
i enjoyed it cant wait till next one
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

2 b honest, i didnt really like the hills run at night.

Althought 20 gem was a good show...i just didnt like flyin round blind corners in the black of night
Gemiboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

if ya talkin bout the run throught the hills that was me u nearly ran up the back off. it wasnt too bad of a cruise up intil i got pulled over by cops. apparently my gem is still defected, lazy cops i got it off 2 1/2 months ago. at least we got met up[ at the end.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

yeh, sorry bout thatbut as i said, i wouldnt have gotcha but i was concerned for the ass of my car being dun in by the clown that was sitting on my ass all the way through the hills - so i thought id go next to rather than be slammed into you because of the guy that may have gone into me.
anyways i just like cruizn the streets (even though theres chances of losing each other coz of traffic and the lights) but i think its better because people see a huge line of good gemis and its cool.
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

next time we should all gather in a big group at the start and we should know who to follow... in the hills some guy decided he knew where to go and we ended up heaps far away from the cruise?! oh well
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

it was that weird guy in the auto gemini with tinsel on the airiel cause we were meant to turn up that hill after the george but he went strait and so did the other guy so i followed and then lost every one

then there was some crazy guy in a tray top who was over taking us on blind corners and almost got hit by a truck
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

the hills was chaos... i think someone took a wrong turn somewhere cos the whole group got split up until we met up at coles afterwards. i ended up with another 3 gemis on north east rd after the hills, but lights divided that pack up too. still, a good cruise and i'll put my photos up once i get them developed
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

when you have 20 or so gems and people who "think" they know where were going and decide to lead, there is always gonna be chaos, but it was a good cruise none the less.

Aaron, sorry to hear bout ur little run in with the cops, hope it all works out, cztch up with ya at the next meeting.

As far as the Hones burnout was concerned, as a fellow organiser i requested it and hones was more than happy to do it. And you shouldnt compare our cruises to that of a IMSC cruise, they have been around for ages and from a personal point of view when i went on one, it was quite poor, their turnout was good but what do ya expect from brisbane,the gemini capital of australia.
For adelaide to get a response like that was excellent.
And we also managed to do it all without the help of the "sick north haven crew" who avoided this one, haha so much for not being able to have a cruise without them!

Finally, thanks to all that attended, and a big thankyou to the rest of the committee: Matt, Aaron, Maaika and Dave for all their efforts organising a successful cruise.

cheers,
kev

ps. sorry to the adelaide committee for cancelling the after-party at my place had to get to heaven to meet up with a chicky!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

Hey people,

I enjoyed the cruise, even though I was only there for the start and the finish.

I still dunno about going into the Hills at night. I mean, I'll go there, but I don't want to go there with 19 other Geminis around me. Every driver has a different idea of "safe entry and exit speeds" and I reckon it's probably not the right recipe.

As for Hones doing a burnout? And as for Mr Gemi requesting a burnout? I'm not even going there, but if it attracted the wrong people (cops or Magna drivers) then I would be fucking unimpressed.

Having said that, I must admit to doing a little wheelspin on one of the early cruises I organised. But those were the old days when I was, uh, slightly more reckless.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

sorry, got caught up in the excitement of seeing my old car again and he did do it away from the group...
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

That's cool man.

I wish we could all do burnouts anywhere we want, but alas it isn't to be.

I often hark back to the days when I was your age (yeah not that long ago really) when I used to go down to the Bay car park in Mum's 323 wagon and drop massive LSD burnouts on the speed hump there.

Mum's car was pretty tired, but that speed hump got SO much oil on it, the Joywagon would just bag up like a bitch in heat. For some reason, it would usually go LSD and I remember one night I dropped about 5 burnouts there and I heard one guy say "Sick! Here we go again!" when I pulled up.

Not that my car was tough or cool (in fact, it was the polar opposite of both), but it did hang a few great burnouts that night!!!

And I've gotta tell you, it wasn't just young punks standing there gawking at car after car pulling huge burnouts. There were grannie and Mums and Dads and kids and everybody there was checking it out and enjoying themselves.

By the time I'd bought a Gemini that looked a bit tougher and could bag up without oil, the Bay Car Park was a long lost memory, spending the last of its days with a patrol car permanently parked there. Now it's a hotel.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

i reckon the hills was the best part, that was insane, i went to far into the hills and missed the turnoff, i was in the first group, with four other gems, the first two were flogging it through the hills so me and the other chris in the blue gemy had a good time keepin up with them, i would'nt have gone that fast through there but i just had new tyres and brakes so it was all good, the blue gem and my red gem got lost comin out the hills so we stop at maccas fuck knows where, then we were cruisn back up victor harbour to go home, when we went past k-mart and saw most of the gems back there. No glenelg 4 us, oh well, it was all fun. Hey that othe red gemini with the stockies i a sleepa, that took off from us keeps off the lights after the cruise, must b a 2litre. A couple of nice gems there 4 anyone that didn't know this was mine exept it had camira rims ... http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=384

Me and the dude with the blue gem(another chris) and sum other gemi owners in victor harbour r organising forming a gemini club for the fluerio peninsula, if your interested cammo and the other guy with the gold tx coupe, we have about 5 other gems around here that are interested. Keep u posted

Cheers on the cruise, can't wait til the next one, end of may maybe?

chris...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: