HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need some help on Engine Choice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Need some help on Engine Choice Reply with quote

I bent two inlet valves on my stock as a rock TG (pollution gear and all) two days ago. I need to get it up and running but am confused heres why...
i've got a fully rebuilt g161z, 60thou overbore, balanced crank new acl duralites, very slight port job with pretty much brand new everything that has clocked up less than 50kms sitting in my other gem (that i couldnt get registered). I've got a turbo setup ready to bolt on to that just missing the fuel system requirements (pump, regulator, lines) and piping for blow through setup and was gonna bolt that on but dont have the spare cash at the moment (cos i wanna get flycuts in pistons and bit more other shit that i wont go into).

I've also got a head (non pollution but 40mm inlet valves so its a TE head i'm assuming) that has been shaved almost to the valve seats (just under a mill off), that i have massively ported out myself, 34/78 cam in it and is pretty clean otherwise.

Now, question is.. should i drop in my other "new" motor and waste bout two weeks in fiddling when i wanna bolt my turbo up (bout 2 months) or should i just get the other head recoed (which i can get done for $115.00 trade price with larger 36mm sigma exhaust valves) and drop it on my bottom end that has the stuffed head (which i dont think has ever been rebuilt). Keep in mind that my other "new" motor has a pollution head but with casting # 14 and it has a isuzu stamp so i dont know if its big valve - probably not cos its pollution head. Just want something that goes much harder than what ive been driving for 2 months (the stocker) until i find the time and funds to drop my turbo setup in.

Really sorry bout the long post but just want some good feedback

Cheers & Thanks in advance
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help on Engine Choice Reply with quote

my opinion is if you are serious about your performance etc then build your turbo engine out of the car and do the work properly whack another head on ya dunger and thrash it round untill you have saved the money to finish the turbo donk completely then just change em over. thats what id do.
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: PLEASE GIVE ME UR ADVICE Reply with quote

on the above.

i'm confused and just want general concensus as to what the reasonable man in this position would do...
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: PLEASE GIVE ME UR ADVICE Reply with quote

I agree with that flyinlow said mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: