HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemini Electrical Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Gemini Electrical Questions Reply with quote

My car is painted and I'm in the process of putting it back together.

The only area that is baffling me is the electrical system.

I have a g200 dohc which will be running with a microtech digi2 pro computer. Hence there is no loom at the moment for that. So that side of the electrical system will be left to a professional.

There was a shitty alarm in there when I bought the car since then I've removed it by dodgily cutting any offending wires off. So basically my ignition is completely disconnected. Eg. Turning the key does nothing, nothing is connected up.

My question is, should all the lights and indicators and such run from an indepenant circuit from the ignition. Eg. The ignition circuit must be complete (not necessarily on though) for the lights to function ?

Pretty much nothing electrically on the car is not working, so is this down to the fact that the ignition is disconnected somewhere ?

Yes the car has a good earth and stuff so its not that.

If it is just because the ignition is not hooked up then theres nothing I can really do until I get my computer wired up, however if it isn't I thought I could at least do it myself and save some $$$
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Electrical Questions Reply with quote

My car came with a dodgy alarm, fucking pain in the ass to disconnect. So youve removed all the wires and taped up the connections where the wires were spliced? From memory the indicators should run to the ignition in the ACC position i think (it does on mine anyway) Take the plastice cover from under the steering wheel off and take a close look at the wires there, make sure there all connected.

If worse comes to worse just get a new loom, my dads mate put 1 in my car for $80 Smile

GeminiCoupe-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: