HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 Twin Cam Price?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

does 1200 sound about right for a G200 DOHC EFI including 5speed box, but minus computer and loom?

how hard would a loom be to get made up, seeing i want to put an aftermarket ecu on anyway?

cheers
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

Wiring up the loom isnt too hard if you go for a fuel only ECU.

I'm getting mine wired up with a microtech digi2 to have programmable fuel and ignition.

I'll you you know how it goes Smile
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

Depends on when the engine was last recond... if not too long ago, that's an alright price
FoRuM KiNg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

for a bit more you can have my engine that just got reconditioned with a fuel and spark wolf 3d computer. id be askin bout $2500 - $3000 with rebuilt gearbox. The engine has done about 5 kilometres (hasnt even been run in yet!) and its a g180 dohc
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

Im in melb and thats abit outside my price range bro, thanks for the offer anyway. The guy reckons its in good condition (well see soon i guess) and apparently he goes they are based on a lotus design? thanks for the help fellas, Soop keep us posted with your one bro.

Cheers
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

Yeh apparently the engine in the lotus elan is similar to an isuzu engine of some kind.. I forget now. A close relative of the g200w i think tho.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

The engine in the Lotus Elan is a 4XE1 in both N/A and turbo form. It is an Isuzu engine and it came in the 1988 and newer Gemini. So next time you see this guy tell him that, or even better if you see someone that owns an Elan tell him/her its got a Gemini motor in it.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Twin Cam Price? Reply with quote

Yeah i knew about the 4XE1 bneing used in japanese RB/JT Geminis thats why i was suprised when he said the G200W was related to a lotus design. Who knows, if it goes good i dont give a fuck Smile lol

GeminiCoupe-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: