HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FUEL PUMP FOR TURBO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: FUEL PUMP FOR TURBO Reply with quote

What the best keeping cost in mind fuel pump to use for a suck through carby turbo set up, and will there need to be a pressure regulator fitted?? Recomend some cars that may be good to use pumps from?? Thanx
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FUEL PUMP FOR TURBO Reply with quote

VL turbo, get em for $100 Very Happy
i wired one to my wagon , (n/a 34/36 weber) and it was pumping so hard it shot fuel out the top of the carby about 1.5 foot. hehehe. a regulator would be a good investment
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FUEL PUMP FOR TURBO Reply with quote

the best option would be a n/a VL pumps are good for 300hp and VL turbo pumps are good for 350hp. as gene said, you can get them for $100
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: FUEL PUMP FOR TURBO Reply with quote

The standard pump should do well with factory regulation spring modified and running on full 12V.

A carter would be more than enough, about $140. If you use a pump with ouput of more than about 7psi (varies from carby to carby), then you will need a regulator.

Try the factory pump though, you will be surprised. I have two running in parallel, I think each one will support about 200-250hp from memory, stright from pump. Fuel lines will be a restriction though.

Ben Wight
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: FUEL PUMP FOR TURBO Reply with quote

n/a VL fuel pump = camira fuel pump

camira fuel pump = about $30 from the wreckers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: