HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Busted I'm now defected!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

Sad day for me, I just went to the regestration office to re-regester but we couldn't read the engine number so we were sent to regency only to become defected. My first car is defected within 2 weeks of owning it.
They say the weber and carby which are the same as Mooch's car and the bonnet scoop the same on www.V8GEMINI.com, and the steel nuts on my mags aren't legal and i need to put a PCV valve on.
So pedders checked my under car and now need a whole front axel and arms replaced due to freeplay in the ball joints and little patches of rust and i need to raise the back of the car cause the springs were cut.

One question is the bonnet scoop actually illeagal and is there a way to make it legal?

Looks like i can't go to the cruze now cause the inspection is on the 28th and it's rego runs out Monday!
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

If your in NSW it has to be 8cm high or less and have no sharp edges. I dont know for anywhere else.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

Were u just renewing your rego ? Or registering the car for the first time ?

If u were just renewing ur rego why did u need to get the engine number ?
Waterboy
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

i was renewing it after buying it and the other owner didn't have the number, so it all stuffed up.
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

in the same boat mate but i got pulled over for doing burnouts then got defected for to low to loud then had to go to the rta for a full inspection then i got done for to low to loud, bald tyres, engine not enginered, chrome instraments on bonnet, tacho obstructing view, engine numbers didnt comply, front seats not engineneered then all the leaks and shit, so they cancelled my rego! it sucks man!! i know how u feel
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

u can only put chrome stuff on the bonet if its an earlier model, there is a year but i cant remember, cause the older ones came out with chrome bumpers and mirrors to start.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

are you suprised it got cancelled?
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

not at all, are you?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

im not, it just sounded like you were thats all!
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted I'm now defected! Reply with quote

Melbourne rules for Hot cars,

Can be as low as u like

Can't be too loud thou Sad do it anyway. Smile plug it up for inspection.

No power restrictions - sky's the limit.

Bring all your car to melb and rego them here Wink

Also have u heard of a Road Worthy Cert, helps when u go to the RTA. or they will look at every nut and bolt.

LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: