HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rear shocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: rear shocks Reply with quote

has any one used commordor rear shocks on the gem for the rear, and if so what did you do on the bottem of the shock to make it a smaller hole for the bolt to fit in so it dosnt have too much play.
reason for this is that the fe2 shock are shorter than standard and if the car is lowered then you just solved the problem of the the springs being looses when lifting it from the chases.
thanks.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: rear shocks Reply with quote

propper lowered springs wont be lose when fitting them into a gem with gem shocks.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: rear shocks Reply with quote

the springs are from pedders brand new so no they are not cut
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: rear shocks Reply with quote

i have king spring super lows and i still need a crow bar to wedge em in
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: rear shocks Reply with quote

Yeah i got the same spings in my old gem, The guys at pedders told me my springs could pop out around corners,
so they sold my a set of comfort gas (white)shocks for the back, and I never had a prob in the 3 years i drove it like that. Note: I had pedders sport red shocks in the front.

cost a bit, Pedders = $$$$ Once they told me a new rack would be $500 for the part. I replaced my rack myself for just under $280 with a frontend allingment.

Pedders No Bull, my ass!!!! Live and learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: