HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stock gemi ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meadows84

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: stock gemi ??? Reply with quote

i gotta fully stock td 79 gemi in the ugly bage colour i wanna get the engine going better before i go 4 looks i wanna put a weber on the original manifold and i wanna put a 2l or 18l head on it but i dont know if itl improve power or if itl fit stock??? also has anybody got any ideas ?? im on a small budget so cant afford turbo or anything like that any ideas??? thx
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: stock gemi ??? Reply with quote

If you figure out a way to make the nikki into mechanical secondaries (theres a few ideas in the R&D section) it should work almost as well as a 32/36 weber, but will be a lot cheaper. You should also buy a sports filter ($50-$100) which will also make a big difference. New spark plugs (Bosch super 4 make your car go noticable change), new leads and new points will also help. Shaving the head for more compression (if your car doesnt already have one, get a big valve head and shave that) will also make a big difference. You might also want the dizzy recurved.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: stock gemi ??? Reply with quote

don't put a 2L or 1.8L head on it unless you want to turbo it because that will drop your compression. get your head shaved (increases compression) and get your cam reground (should cost about $100). porting your head and matching the ports to your manifolds would also be a good idea but could set you back about $400+.

you can pick up a 32/36 weber for about $40 from the wreckers and an adaptor plate to fit it to the standard manifold for about $35. i did it to mine and made a noticeable difference.

extractors will also make a huge difference, i picked mine up for just over $100 second hand, you gotta look around, new ones are about $300+.

i put bosch super 4 plugs and a bosch gt40rt coil in mine and noticed that my engine revved out a bit further so the top end was better and more responsive. those two set me back about $90.

hope that helped,
cheers,
mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: