HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help ... Fuse Sparks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

i first noticed it when my interior light would not turn on and my alarm beeped to tell me my doors werent shut. i replaced the fuse the first time and it was right for a week. now i've wasted two fuses trying to get one in but it sparks and breaks the fuse as soon as it touches the connectors. anyone have a clue whats wrong?

cheers nick

by the way i am using the correct size fuse and yes i am putting it in the correct hole.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

something not earthing properly maybe ?
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

mmmmm what should i do with it?
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

make sure all the main grounds are grounded it will take a while but that's part of the fun
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

I'd say its the opposite to something NOT earting... sounds like something has shorted out on that circuit somewhere
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

i second that..
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ... Fuse Sparks Reply with quote

I agree on the short circuit idea too, trace the circuit from the fuse to earth, check the wiring for frays/splits or any damage, check connectors, etc. Circuit diagrams will help ya, but just inspect everything in the circuit from that fuse and you'll find it sooner or later
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: