HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Piazza Turbo 1/4 times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUF TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Piazza Turbo 1/4 times Reply with quote

guys, i just picked up a piazza turbo, manifold, intercooler, all the piping etc. it will be off to the exhaust shop tommorrow to get the exhaust done, can any body please give me roughly what it will run down the ol' 1/4mile, i have a g200 with a 45 downdraft webber, it will not be injected as i am going to run it through the webber, the webber will be sealed. but yeah does anyone has an idea of a time down the quarter, just a rough estimate. it is running a stock 7pound boost.
Thanks for the help

cheers guys

Hayden
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Turbo 1/4 times Reply with quote

Not really sure, though the piazza turbo is very small compared to turbo;s off other 2 litre engines.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Turbo 1/4 times Reply with quote

front mount the cooler, don't run top mount.
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza Turbo 1/4 times Reply with quote

I have another question for you Roz you seem to know your Piazzas as you own one. Im looking to buy one at the moment as a daily while my Gem is being finished Its red very low with black 16" mags, T03 turbo, Haltech computer, Says it has lots of custom work, 100kw at 8psi. asking $5900.

What I would like to know is how much these sell for standard in extremely good clean condition? Also how much power do they put out in standard form? When buying one what should you look out for that can go wrong with these like where rust can be found and so on?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza Turbo 1/4 times Reply with quote

I've seen this car, its been sitting outside the hardware store in the carpark on henley beach rd across from henley high.

It's not in great condition, looks relatively thrashed out but I could be wrong. The paint on the bonnet is faded and almost peeling and very patchy.

An ok car but not something I would pay nearly 6k on, realistically its worth around 3-4k tops. Unless its had some kind of crazy motor work done on it.
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Turbo 1/4 times Reply with quote

20PSI TX - Ok ill give you a rundown on what has happened with my car. I bought it with 120,000k's, and for a car of 16 years old there was bound to be problems. Basically this is a list of what ive replaced/done:

.Koni shocks/king springs (if the guy has just cut the springs, replace both items asap)
.Steering rack
.Radiator
.U MUST CHANGE ALL THE RADIATOR AND COOLER HOSES IF U WANT UR CAR TO BE RELIABLE (i got it out of the way, its a shit of a job, and when we took off the old hoses, they were nearly gone - u dont want to be speeding down the highway and ur turbo water hose blows off - ur fuked - fried turbo?)
.Exhaust
.The digital dash's are known to shit themselves after a while -thats why im making a custom dash up.
.Power wise - my car made 80kw atw on 6psi - stock car with exhaust and filter.

I cant think of anything else -too early in the morning, but feel free to ask me any questions. U can email me at roz__85@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: